74

Pov Meri

I walk to my car whistling. I don't think it would be a smart idea to pick Sage up for school now. I get in and drive away. Just as I'm driving out of the street, Dylan's car drives into the street. Immediately my hands tightened around the steering wheel. He sends me an angry look back. I do the same. We drive past each other. You might say:

"Hey Meri, why are you such a horrible jerk to Sage!"

But I will also tell you a little secret. Me and Dylan have known each other for quite some time...

Yes, that was enough drama for today. I arrive at the school grounds. I park my car and get out. I already see Bertha standing at the entrance. I spontaneously start to smile. She stands with her back to me. I spin her around and pin her hands above her to the wall behind us. A startled cry comes from her mouth.

"Meri!" she shouts, slightly startled.

I press my lips to hers. She chuckles softly and then kisses me back. I let go of her hands and she wraps them around my neck again. I put my hands on her hips.

I hear a soft sob. A very familiar sob. One that I don't like to hear and would never like to hear. Now I'm the one spinning around. Sage runs into the school building crying.

"You can never resist, can you," Dylan calls to me, after which he runs after Sage.

I clench my fists and tense my muscles. Just as I'm about to rush after them, Bertha stops me. Just in time, before I make things worse.

"Are you okay, honey?" she asks sweetly and looks at me questioningly with her green eyes.

Her head hangs slightly to the side and her mouth slightly open.

"Yes, you're fine," I mumble and sigh deeply.

I just want to protect Sage from a real jerk like Dylan.

I know it's not fun for her, but at least this way I prevent Dylan from getting angry with her so quickly, but rather with me. I prefer that, I don't want anything to happen to Sage.

Then I'm just the asshole.

"If there is something, just tell me," Bertha smiles sweetly.

I look straight at her. I still can't believe she's actually my girlfriend. She runs a hand through her blonde locks and her green eyes continue to look at me.

"Then I'll tell you," I smile back.

I take a step closer and press a kiss to her forehead.

She smiles at me and then glances at her watch.

"Shit it's already 2:30!" she shouts in panic.

We have the first lesson together so we can go to the right classroom at the same time. We run upstairs, to the second door on the left. Fortunately it is still open. I plop down on a chair at the back of the classroom and Bertha sits next to me. Normally Sage always sits there.

That's when Sage walks into the classroom. Her eyes are red and her cheeks are still tear-stained. That image breaks my heart a bit, because yes, people, I happen to have that too. Only she doesn't walk into class alone. She comes together with Dylan.

The loser.

He leads her to a spot near the teacher's desk.

They sit down together and the teacher starts the lesson.

#

We have to make some stupid project. We've been busy for a while. Oh well, most of them have been busy for a while.

I've actually been staring outside the whole time.

"Mr. Brown!" the teacher shouts through the classroom.

"Hmm," I snap out of my thoughts.

"You won't make any money later by looking out the window," he warns.

"Well actually, my father was a truck driver, but he looks out the window all day and earns his money, so," I mumble.

Believe me, that teacher has never had such a red face. I'm surprised he doesn't throw me out. I hear cheering from all over the class.

Oh well, it will all happen again.

#

"Babe do you think this is that good?" Bertha asks me.

I'm normally the one asking Sage that.

Only now she is with that Dylan...

"Yes, I think so, babe," I say and press a kiss to her temple.

I keep my gaze glued to Sage and Dylan. I don't want him to do anything she doesn't want to do. He raises his hand.

"Sir, I'm ready," he says loudly.

Loud enough so that the whole class can listen. Including me.

"Pull up your pants then!" I shout back.

The whole class bursts into laughter.

Remember when I thought earlier that that teacher had never had such a red face?

Well I was wrong...

His head is now much redder than before. Dylan's too, by the way. He also looks at me murderously. Except you can't kill with looks, so he's out of luck.

"Brown! Out!" the teacher shouts across the class.

Look, that was quite expected. I put away my things. I press a quick kiss on Bertha's temple and then hoist my backpack over my shoulder.

I walk out of the room. From now on I'm used to being sent out. I think I just have a sign hanging on my neck that says: 'Send me out, I like that!'

**

Don't forget to vote

856 words