70

Pov Sage

He – he has a girlfriend?

Apart from me, he has never had a serious relationship.

Meri looks at me happily and proudly.

"What – what's her name?" I ask softly.

"Bertha," he responds happily.

I try to smile at him, but inside I'm swallowing the skirt in my throat.

"Nice!" I try to make it enthusiastic.

"Thank you Sage. What did you want to say?" he asks me curiously.

"Nothing; it wasn't important. It can wait," I smile.

"Are you sure?" Meri asks in surprise.

I nod cautiously.

"I have to go again. I still have some things to do," I say.

"But Sage," Meri wants to stop me.

I climb the tree to my room as quickly as possible. I open my window and climb inside. I briefly look at Meri's room.

He looks at me questioningly from his window.

"Sage!" he shouts again.

I close my window. I flop down on the bed. A few tears roll down my cheeks. I was just too late. A few days ago he really loved me. Now from some girl he's known for maybe two days. Why is she allowed to be his girlfriend and not me? It's so unfair.

My ringtone startles me out of my thoughts. If you are wondering what my ringtone i. it's the greatest song ever.

I've got the moves like jagger.

But it makes me think about Meri even more than I already did. That might not be a good idea. I quickly grab my phone and look at the name on the screen.

Arya.

I answer quickly and hold the phone to my ear.

"Sage," I mumble.

"How did it go!!!" she almost screams through the other end of the phone.

Now I think of that Adele song. You know the one.

"hello from the other side."

Yes, you probably know that one. Sage, once again you're going way further than you should. What were we talking about again? Oh yeah about Meri.

"Very bad," I grumble to Arya.

On the other end of the line she makes a sort of surprised and surprised sound. I don't actually know if she said anything. Otherwise it is very unintelligible.

"How did it go bad?" she asks in surprise.

"Meri," I sigh loudly and slowly at the same time.

"Yes. Meri what?" she asks again.

"Meri has a girlfriend," I mumble so softly and quickly that it sounds more like Uzbekistan's dog barking than actual talking.

I can almost hear Arya looking strangely. "He has a girlfriend, Arya. We're too late, I think he has a serious girlfriend too," I explain to her with a sigh.

"Aah I already understand what you are trying to do to me. He doesn't have a girlfriend, girlfriend, just a girlfriend," she says, sort of relieved.

Only she is completely wrong, completely wrong. Just how can you even convince yourself that?

Sorry she's my best friend. I shouldn't be so blunt, I know. I'm just a bit upset at the moment.

"Sage, are you still there?" I hear Arya ask again on the phone, when it takes a little longer for me to respond.

"Yes, yes, I'm still here," I mumble.

"But no, it isn't. He has a girlfriend, girlfriend, Arya. What the hell am I supposed to do now?" I sigh tiredly.

"What's that bitch's name?" she hisses.

"Bertha," I say softly.

"Sounds bad already," she mutters.

"I think it's a nice name," I say neutrally.

"Sage, you can say that about the enemy!" she hisses at me again through the phone.

"Okay," I sigh.

"I still haven't received an answer to my question," I say softly.

"What was it again, to be precise," Arya tries to make sure she hadn't forgotten.

She's only so bad at lying.

"What should I do now?" I ask again, sighing.

"You're going to join me for Ben & Jerry's ice cream. Cookie dough of course. We can also watch a movie in between if you feel like it. Then let's get ready because we're going out tonight!" she shouts enthusiastically.

"Look, your first part of your plan sounded great; until the grand finale came," I mutter sarcastically.

"Aah come on Sage," Arya just whines.

Nice guy...You are completely free to express your own opinion. Only as soon as you say something completely wrong, you are the angel from hell and someone wants you out of their lives as quickly as possible.

"Okay then, because you asked me so nicely," I sigh.

I already regret that I promised that.

"We're going to show Meri what he's missing!" Arya shouts loud and clear.

"Wait a minute. Is Meri going out tonight too?" I shout in shock.

I did not know that ...

**

Don't forget to vote

737 words