60

Pov Sage

Fancy limos are driving from everywhere. "Are you sure we're at the right gala?" I hiss to Axel.

"Definitely," he laughs. Axel throws his keys to a boy who parks all the cars.

"Be careful," he smiles at the boy and pats his shoulder twice encouragingly as we walk past. I hook my arm in Axel's and we walk inside together. There are people everywhere who are very neatly dressed. Where the hell have I ended up again?

We walk into a random room where there is a bar. Yeey drink, I'm quite thirsty. When I'm about to ask Axel if we can get something to drink, he says we're going to his parents. "Oh okay that's fine too" I chuckle.

He looks at me a bit strangely and then walks to a table with 4 people standing at it. "Mom, Dad, I want to introduce you to Sage," he says.

"Hi, I'm his," I want to introduce myself, but Axel quickly interrupts.

"My classmate. She is my classmate," he says. I raise my eyebrows in surprise.

"Nice to meet you. I've heard a lot about you," his mother says, smiling. She takes my hand and shakes it up and down vigorously. Surprised, I shake her hand back somewhat absently. I look at Axel who looks guiltily at the tips of his shoes. "Could I borrow Axel for a moment?" I smile at her.

"But of course, honey," she smiles at me. Honey urgh what a stupid word. I pull Axel to an empty corner of the room. "Classmate?" I ask him.

"Uhm, yes, they... uh," he stutters. I grab a glass of drink from a table and throw it in Axel's face in one go.

"You idiot," I hiss in his ear and walk past him towards the exit. I feel him grab my forearm.

"Let me explain Sage" he sighs at me. I shake my head stubbornly and give him a bitch clap. I pull myself out of his grasp and continue walking towards the exit.

"Sage!" I hear Axel calling his mother. Oh oh, does that have to happen again? "Where are you going Sage?" his mother asks.

"I don't feel so good," I sigh, apparently tired, and cough twice, very real...

"Oh girl. Are you okay? Shouldn't Axel take you home?" she asks worriedly. Ahh she is sweet. Then from whom did Axel inherit the bastard gene? His father?

"No no. That's not necessary, I'll take care of transportation," I smile and take my cell phone out of my bag.

"Okay. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you and rest well." She smiles at me. She gives me a quick kiss on the cheek and then walks back to the table, where all the fancy dressed people are standing. I turn around and this time walk straight to the nearest exit. I'm so mad at Axel! He just wanted to keep me a secret! If there's anything I hate, it's secrets and especially when people keep quiet about something or, in this case, keep quiet about me.

There are 2 honks on the street. I look up quickly. Meri's car is parked in front of me. "Are you okay?" he shouts out the window. I shrug my shoulders and walk to the car. I get in and immediately hear that he has The move like jagger on. Spontaneously I immediately get a smile on my face.

"What happened?" Meri asks, somewhat concerned.

"He wanted to hide me from his parents. I threw a glass of drink in his face and left," I explain dryly. Meri immediately bursts out laughing.

"Do you have? Hahah did you do that?" he smiles at me.

I chuckle softly and nod at him. He shakes his head laughing and steps on the accelerator. I hum softly along with the lyrics of the song. Meri taps the tune on the steering wheel with his left hand. I feel his other hand on my right knee. I'm a bit scared so I quickly look up. Meri looks at me with a smile.

Meri's hand creeps up a bit. I immediately feel very warm. Is the air conditioning on or do windows need to be opened? Or perhaps a private sun has just coincidentally plopped down on the back seat?

Nope, no private sun there.

Meri's thumb draws circles on my thigh. I'm trying to get all my strength back. Which I had just lost for a few seconds. Why did my body react to him like that?

"Meri" I hiss and slap his hand away in one motion. He chuckles softly and continues driving home.

**

Don't forget to vote

757 words