24

Pov Sage

When I come in I put my suitcase down on the side of the hallway. Mom will probably start complaining that I have to clean it up, but we'll see about that.

I walk towards the kitchen. I pull a bag of chips from the cupboard and walk upstairs. When I get upstairs and walk into my room I see Meri standing there. He is grinning. "That tree will get you here faster," he grins. "Me and a suitcase. And then together through that tree. I end up in the hospital with a broken leg and 2 bruised ribs. Then the doctors ask 'what did you do' and I'm like 'ever heard of trunk tree acrobatics?'" I say. Meri shakes his head, laughing. "That's really just an action for you," he laughs. I nod in agreement.

He walks towards me. "But I still want my revenge," he grins. He puts his hands on my waist. I look at him questioningly for a moment, but I quickly understand what he has in mind. he picks me up and throws me on my bed. A startled yelp comes from my mouth. He comes over my hands and starts tickling me. "No stop" I laugh and squirm in every possible direction I can. He laughs and continues tickling. I'm bursting out laughing. When he isn't paying attention, I slip under him and run out of my room laughing.

From the footsteps behind me I hear that he is running after me. I chuckle. I have a small problem. He's faster and stronger than me. I run downstairs to the kitchen. Mom is cooking. Meri runs after me. I run around the island in the middle of the kitchen. Meri does the same. I run another lap so I end up on a different side of the kitchen island than Meri. I look at Meri who is grinning at me. "Guys!" Mom shouts irritated. I chuckle. I step to my left and Meri steps to his left. I step to the right or my other left. Meri does the same. I sigh and throw my hands in the air. "Yes, I can never win like that," I laugh. "That's the intention," he grins.

But then I get an idea. I grin and run to the garden door behind me. Actually, this is not such a smart idea at all. I actually just run into a corner that I can't get out of. Meri also runs outside. I run to the wooden garden shed at the far right at the back of the garden. I am almost there. If I'm quick I might be able to hide in it. I'm here! Only Meri was closer than I thought. When I get there, Meri pushes me against the wooden wall. He crushes my body with his. "I always win!" he grins. He brushes a stray strand of hair away from my face. And then puts both of his hands against the wall next to me. "But that's not fair," I laugh and push against his chest, which was of very little use. He follows my movements and chuckles once. His eyes lock with mine. We look at each other for a while and don't say anything. Well, we actually say a lot, but without words. Do you understand? That thing only best friends can do.

He turns his head a little. His head slowly moves closer to mine. His eyes dart from my eyes to my lips and back again. Oh oh. Is this really going to happen? My first kiss? His lips come closer to mine. Too close if you ask me.

When a millimeter has been removed between our lips he mumbles. "The last one in your room with the chips is a boiled egg," he shouts and jumps away. "Ahh no boiled egg!" I shout and run back inside.

**

Don't forget to vote

651 words