Chapter Fifty One- Practice

Chapter Fifty One-

Dax

"We can handle things here. If Noel is going to convince me to adopt kids someday, I might as well get some practice in. I think they're warming up to me anyway."

"He's not wrong. Dax is very mature too, so he won't let them throw parties or anything. Not even me." Noel agrees, trying to convince Teagan and Sawyer to leave us in charge of the kids while they go on a weekend vacation.

It's definitely like Sawyer to still be unsure the very day they're supposed to leave. He's extremely controlling in his home life. He told me it's not that he doesn't trust me, he just doesn't like not being here to help if we need him. I don't take any offense to it.

I've known Sawyer for a while and that was the reason he joined the club in the first place. He needed a place he could go to not be stressed out from all the responsibilities. That's why he's a sub, and no matter how many subs are attracted to him, he's never actually tried to be a dom.

Teagan is more laid back. He trusts me more than Sawyer does. I've known Teagan since college. I met him when we were 18 at freshman orientation, but I knew of him before then. My father always taught me that we were important people and that it's necessary for us to know other important people. I knew a lot of people at the club before they ever set foot in it.

Spencer Laurier. Only child. Future CEO of Laurier and Co. His family has done business with mine. They take investments from large companies to complete projects and pay them back with interest but pocket the majority of the revenue they make. Essentially, they're ethical con artists who would do anything to get what they want.

Skylar Dupree. One younger sister named Laila. Future CEO of Dupree Instruments. We've never had a reason to do business with them, but I know his mother is a famous cellist and his father is a composer. They own a chain of music stores, and both of their children are musical prodigies. Though, according to Skylar, that wasn't by choice.

Teagan Undergrove. Only child. He was the future CEO of Undergrove Inc. until he turned it down. I envy that there were no repercussions for it. His parents just let him single-handedly destroy their legacy.

Rich people have their own politics different from that of the country or state. I might as well be a senator after all I've done in this industry of knowing people and being known.

When Noel grabs my hand, I tune back into the conversation, mentally shaking the thoughts from my head. That's not important anymore. I'm just Dax here. Noel has made it a point to make sure nobody even mentioned my last name anymore.

I squeeze Noel's hand while looking at them again. Sawyer still looks skeptical, but it seems like Teagan is helping to convince him too. He and Noel are on good terms again, which was a breath of fresh air for the whole family and the club too.

Teagan won't say where they're going for the weekend because he wants to surprise Sawyer, but I'm sure it's somewhere nice.

Sawyer looks at me and then at Noel before sighing deeply. "Okay, fine. The schedule is on the board and Julian has a chart with the times and dates the kids need to go to their clubs and daycare. Lottie is at a summer camp until we get back, and Frankie asked if he could stay with Moth, so they'll leave later today. On other days, they might come by for food and then be off again. If he insists on getting on that kid's motorcycle, please make sure he has a helmet on and make Julian explain the dangers of riding one. Noel has permission to sign forms and do anything like that in case one of the kids gets injured or in trouble, and please call me if you need us. We can pack and come home whenever."