Chapter 8

I don't think I've ever heard something so silent before. Neither have I ever tasted something so disgusting as the virus. As I take a breath, I can feel the virus begin to slowly suffocate me.

My comlink beeps a few times before I can hear Anakin's voice.

"Ahsoka, Lora, what is going on down there?" He asks, sounding very concerned.

"The droid released the virus, we managed to seal the lap and get to a safe room. But Lora is still out there!" She tells him panicked.

"And Padme?" He asks again.

"Nice to know you care about me, huh" I tell him sarcastically.

"Haven't heard from her since the bomb," Ahsoka admits.

"I'm sorry, what did I just hear? Please don't tell me that my padawan is currently outside of the safe room!" I can hear my master exclaim, sounding equally as concerned and angry.

"I'm sorry master" Is all I tell him.

I begin to feel a little lightheaded and decide to sit down against the wall. I take a few breaths, but each time I do, I can feel my lungs clench.

I hear some hammering sounds down the halls, and realize that there are probably still some droids trying to break free. If they do, the entire planet of Naboo will get infected.

That couldn't happen.

I stand up despite my body screaming at me to sit down again. I grab my lightsaber and begin my walk towards the droids. Grabbing the walls now and there to keep me in balance.

I reach a ladder surrounded with battle droids. I ignite my lightsaber and engage the droids. Normally it would have taken me within a few seconds to cut them down, but in my current state it took way longer than I will ever admit to anyone.

I continued on my way to find more nonliving things trying to escape. But as I can hear the sound of droids close by, my body simply gives up. I don't even have time to catch myself. I manage to not hit my head, and try my best to sit by the wall. But even sitting I am unable to do. I feel myself falling to my side before I can even register what is happening.

Suddenly someone near me starts to shoot. It continues for a while before the final shot is fired. In the background I can hear Ahsoka and Padme talking. I then hear a gasp before I can feel a presence beside me.

"Lora, wake up" Ahsoka begs me. She sits down and pulls me head into her lap.

"Soka" I give her and Padme, who is sitting beside us, a tired smile.

"You need to stay awake, Anakin and Obi-wan is coming any minute" she pleads me, I can see a tear gathering in her eye.

I try to speak, but no voice comes out.

"Tell, tell Obi-wan I'm sorry" is all I can say before I close my eyes and my consciousness drifts away.

"I'm sorry Ahsoka" I can hear Padme comforting Ahsoka.

I can feel myself being picked up and carried somewhere.

"Master, can you hear me?" I can still hear Ahsoka, now trying to contact our masters, "We've all the battle droids inside the compound, Master. Naboo is safe from further contamination, I repeat, Naboo is safe"

I can hear her cough, her voice weak from the virus.

The last thing I hear before losing complete consciousness is Padme telling Anakin to never open the bunker.

✥✥✥✥✥✥

At some point I wake up. I open my eyes and see a room decorated. It was beautiful. But I'm seriously confused. I stand up to find my normal clothes removed and instead dressed in a light pink, I'm guessing pajama combined dress. I think it's the most comfortable thing I've ever worn.