Chapter 53

It's been a week since Ahsoka left and I'm still not sure how to cope. Is this how she felt when I left? It must have been. I know that she was right to do so, but I still wish that she would have stayed for me. I haven't done much this week to be honest. None of us really has. I'm not sure how I feel about the Council now. I had already a lack of trust that was slowly being rebuilt, but now it's almost completely gone again. I know Obi-Wan isn't at blame for the Council's decision to kick Ahsoka out, but a part of me is still mad at him for what happened.

"Lora? Are you awake?" My Master knocks on my door.

"You already know I am," I tell him and sit up as the door opens.

He leans against the doorframe. "I just didn't want to intrude."

"What do you need?" I ask but hear something from the kitchen. "Is that Anakin?" He sighs and nods, stepping back so I can see Anakin trying to clean some dishes from yesterday. I get out of bed and walk into the space. "What in the force are you trying to do?"

Anakin makes a small jump in surprise at my voice. "Lora, I didn't see you." He looks back down into his soap covered hands. "I'm learning how to clean dishes."

I make a confused expression. "What do you mean? You're a 21 year old Jedi Knight, and you can't clean dishes?"

He stills in his movements and glares at me. "When you put it like that." Something changes in his expression. "Ahsoka was always the one who cleaned."

A pang of hurt hits me in my heart. We could turn it into a sob party like we both need, but I really can't take more pain right now. "What did you do before her?" He looks up at me guilty before his gaze switching from me to our master that's standing behind me. I look behind me and see Obi-Wan pointing at himself with an unimpressed look.

I can't help but let out a giggle and cover my mouth as Anakin looks like he's about to drown me in the sink. "I'm sorry, it's just... how?"

"Can't you just let me be?" Anakin begs. "Master, tell her to be nice."

I can hear Obi-Wan's sigh as he walks between us and places a hand on Anakin's shoulder. "You know, I would. If it was not because she's telling the truth."

I raise my brow at Anakin in a taunting manner, but in a second, he has collected all the soap from the sink and thrown it in my face. "You did not just do that!"

"But I did," he smirks at me. "What are you going to do about it?"

But before I can respond, our comlinks beep and tell us we're wanted in the Council room. I take the towel on the counter and dry off the soap as I glare at him. "Saved by the bell."

"As if," he scoffs and tries to take the towel to dry his hands, but I whip it away and turn it so the wet part is facing him before whipping him with it. He screams and runs away as our master just shakes his head in disappointment. After a few moments, and a scolding from Obi-Wan, we are finally on our way to the Council room.

"Do we know what this is about?" I turn to my master.

"Yes." He nods. "A mission."

"That's all you can give us?" Anakin asks.

"Unfortunately."

We reach the Council room and enter to find it almost full. My master takes a seat in his chair as Anakin and I bow and stand in the middle of the room.

"There's a gala being held on one of the neutral planets, we need the two of you to go undercover," Master Windu tells us about our mission.

"With all due respect, Master, Anakin is a well known Jedi, many already know him," I point out.