Chapter 41

"How are you feeling?" He asks me as he passes me a cup of warm liquid.

"I'm alright," I give him a small smile. We're standing on the balcony that's connected to both mine and his room. "Just like the last time you asked."

"You can't blame me for asking," he chuckles. "You did just show up unannounced on my doorstep in the middle of the night, and then passed out." I playfully roll my eyes at him. "Are you going to tell me why?"

I bite my lip nervously. I still haven't told him why I ended up at his place. "I left the Order."

His jaw drops wide open. "You did what?"

"I know," I breathe out. I can't believe it myself. The entire way here I was unable to think about anything. I don't know if it was the shock of my own actions, or my brain shut itself off because it knew I couldn't handle thinking too much.

"You know," he turns to me. "I'm kinda flattered that you came to me first."

"The temple was all I've ever known. And it's not like I know anyone else in the galaxy. So yes, Jax, I came to you."

He presses his lips together in doubt. "What made you leave?"

"My master faked his own death," I tell him bluntly. "And they didn't tell me." His jaw drops open again. I don't blame him. I talked highly about The Order and my master, he probably had a golden picture in his mind, like I did. Before they broke my trust.

"That's... uhm..."

"Yeah," I nod my head and turn back towards the horisont.

"How long are you planning on staying here?"

I start laughing. "Kicking me out already?" I tease him. Somehow in the middle of an awful situation, he manages to bring out a glimmer of hope in me.

He rolls his eyes with a smirk. "Of course."

"I don't know," I turn more serious. "I have no plan."

"I have a plan for you!" I turn around at a happy schrieck. Kamari is standing in the doorway and almost jumping up and down with excitement.

"Hey," I greet her and she pulls me into a hug.

"I've missed you," she says.

"I've missed you too," I smile at the girl.

"But we are going for a walk, and catching up. The two of you can continue flirting later," Kamari says, making me flustered.

"Kamari," Jax says with a warning tone.

She just rolls her eyes at him. "Yeah, yeah. Anyway, come along." She pulls my hand before I can say anything. We end up walking through the trails of the forest. "Why are you here?"

"I left the Order and had nowhere else to go."

She turns to look at me surprised. "So you're no longer a Jedi?"

I shake my head. "No, I'm not."

"So you no longer have to follow the rules of the Jedi?" Her voice turns more teasingly. What is she up to?

"No, I guess not."

"Hmm, good to know," she gently shoves my side. I push her back and we end up pushing each other back and forth while cracking laughter. What we both haven't seen coming, was me tripping over a rock and sliding down the side of the trail. My heart stops as I start falling. But instead of landing on hard ground, I'm engulfed by the soft water from the river. I get a footrest on the bottom of the river and stand up, pushing my hair away from my face. I tilt my head upwards to see Kamari looking down at me worried.