Chapter 35

"It looks like Zygerria is a popular place these days," Anakin jokes as we can see the planet out of the window.

"Hmm. Whatever is happening is attracting plenty of high-class scum," Obi-Wan says, already in his disguise. Him, Rex and Anakin are supposed to be slavers, as Ahsoka and I are playing slaves. The ship lands on the platform and we all walk to the back. My hair that's normally in a braid, is today mostly down. A part of my hair is braided around my head forming a crown, my padawan braid is also braided in it.

"Let's just hope the information our spies gave us about the Queen is accurate," Anakin says while putting on his gloves. "Remember, I'll keep her occupied while you locate the missing people of Kiros."

"How do you plan on keeping the Queen occupied?" My master asks while putting on his helmet.

"Well," Anakin chuckles, "with my magnetic charm, of course." I roll my eyes at his response.

"Oh, yes, of course."

"I will just say I'm very against wearing this," I complain and gesture to my slave outfit. It's a purple off shoulder two piece dress that shows a bit too much skin, something slavers love to present their slaves in. "Why couldn't I just have been a slaver like you?"

"Because, Lora, you are too young for that to be believable," Obi-Wan tells me as he throws his and my lightsaber to R2 for safekeeping. He then hands me a robe similar to what Ahsoka is also wearing on top of her outfit. The doors open and Ahsoka and I follow the three men out. After a few sarcastic remarks between Anakin and Ahsoka, we begin our journey through the city.

"These shoes are extremely uncomfortable," I whine. The shoes are flatter and thinner than the ones that I've grown used to since living in the temple.

"Lora, please, stop complaining," my master says, "you've tried worse." I send him a sharp look before walking past him and aligning myself with Ahsoka.

"Ugh, how can a civilization this advanced still practice slavery?" Ahsoka remarks after just a few seconds walking through the city.

"It makes them wealthy and powerful at the expense of others," Anakin explains. "Before the Hutts bought my mother, she was sold in a market just like this." I send Ahsoka a worrying look. A group of Twi'leks pass before us, but we stop as one of them falls. A Zygerrian pushes through the others until he reaches the man.

"Get up, you useless skug!" He commands.

"Master, the bonds, they are too heavy," the Twi'Lek says with a shaky voice.

You can easily see the frustration on the Zygerrian's face. "Tell it to my whip!" He grabs his electric whip from his belt and swings it threateningly around. Just as he raises his hand to swing it, he stops and I notice Ahsoka isn't standing beside me anymore.

"You don't want to do that," she warns him. I'm glad the robe also covers my mouth, otherwise you would see me struggling to hide a smile.

He turns around enraged. "Ah, you dare touch me!"

Anakin quickly pushes Ahsoka behind him. "Excuse my slave, friend. She is freshly caught."

"Mmm, what have we here? You wear Zygerrian armor, but you are not one of us," he crosses his arm, "who are you?"

"I've come for an audience with the Queen."

"Then you have an invitation? We can't just let anyone in to speak with Her Majesty."

"No invitation, but I do bring news. News the Queen will be eager to hear," Anakin improvises.

"I doubt that. You're nothing more than a brigand," the Zygerrian insults him.