Chapter 14

"Come on Ahsoka, we're going to be late," I plead Ahsoka to run faster, as we are going to miss a meeting.

"Lora, it's okay, it's not the end of the world if we come a little late," she brushes it off. I take her hand and pull her quickly into the strategy room, where the emergency meeting is held.

"Greetings Jedi. It would seem, once again, one of your Order has lost his way. And even better, a leading member of your Jedi council," the voice of General Grievous's robotic voice fills the room. I stand beside my master who gives me a nod in greeting, I return it.

"Listen to me, Jedi, I do not care about your politics, I do not care about your Republic. I only live to see you die!" He ends his dramatic speech, and a Magnagaurd droid enters the picture holding their electric staff. I don't even have time to react, before the droid stabs Master Koth in the back. A youngling who is standing beside me jumps in horror and hides her face in my stomach. I pick her up, and she hides her head in the crook of my neck. The poor thing is shaking.

"But death will not come so easily for Master Koth. I will make him suffer endlessly, because I know that is more painful for you all," he apparently wasn't done. He ends the connection laughing maniacally before it turns into a painful cough. The room is almost silent for a few seconds, everyone having to stomach what we just saw.

"Away with the younglings. Much there is to discuss," Master Yoda says wobbling towards the table. I turn to leave but my master stops me.

"Put down the youngling and stay here," he whispers to me. I do as he says. As the door closes, I'm the only one whose not a Jedi master or Jedi knight. I feel really out of place.

"Master Kenobi, why is your padawan still here?" master Unduli asks, I look down into the ground as I feel her judging me.

"Because I told her to," is the only response he gives.

"She can't-" she doesn't get to say anymore.

"Whether or not she gets to stay is up to Obi-wan. Clearly he thinks she can handle it and trust her enough," master Windu cuts in, "as do I."

I give him a grateful smile for standing up for me. But that's not enough for her.

"Master Windu, I would appreciate you not cutting me off again. What I was saying is that she is still a child. It shouldn't be up to just her master to decide whether or not she can stay."

"Why don't we vote for it then?" my master suggest with a sharp tone, "those who are against her being here, raise your hand."

To my relief, only master Unduli raises her hand.

"Those who aren't against, raise your hand," he says as he raises his hand, everyone else following. I look down, not really sure what reaction I need to give.

"Decided it is, staying young Lora are," master Yoda says. I give him a small bow.

"Commander Wolfe has found a message in the holo transmission." Master Plo Koon suddenly breaks in after his commander whispers something in his ear, "play back the message."

The transmission comes on again.

"Look, hand signals," Anakin sees. My master bends over a little to see it closer.

"I admit my skills are rusty, but... Saleucami System, sector J-19. Zero-eight..." he trails off.

"zero-five, two-nine," I finish the numbers without thinking. The masters turn to look at me in shock and admiration.