Chapter 26

The trip back to the ship is long, silent and has a somber atmosphere. The thunder is continuing and the rain is soaking us to the bone. I stop for a second out of exhaustion.

"Are you alright?" My master grips my arm to make sure I stay upright.

I nod. "I'm okay. Just tired."

The rest of the way I feel a constant gaze on me that makes sure I keep walking. As we are nearing the ship, I see the position it's in.

"Really? Crashed it again?" I turn to Anakin unimpressed.

He looks offended and puts his hands up. "Hey. This time it wasn't me."

I huff and walk the last stretch. Luckily the doors open and we can get into safety from the weather. I take a seat as Ahsoka begins to repair the ship. Obi-Wan and Anakin are talking by the hatch, complaining about the weather.

"Well, you want the bad news or the really bad news?" Ahsoka's head pops up.

"Well, let's try the bad news laced with a little optimism," my master says.

"We've got two cracked shilo pins, a busted power converter, the engines should be fired twice to dump debris, and the backup vents need charging," Ahsoka explains.

"Sounds terribly downbeat. Can it be fixed?"

"Uh, I can reroute the primary initiator, weld the damping vents, and that might give us enough power to leave the atmosphere. After that, I have no guarantees she'll hold together."

"Well, that's better than staying here," I say. My master agrees before walking outside again. I see Anakin coming from the backroom with a speeder. I send him a confused look, but he doesn't answer. Instead I stand up myself and walk outside, joining my master.

"He left?" I ask as we stand and look out over the dark and gloomy landscape.

"He did."

"You're worried about him," I sense through the force.

"How can I not?"

I don't answer but instead enter the ship again. I open one of our lockers to grab my robe, but as I take it on, I hiss in pain as the fabric gets caught in my wound. I silently curse and walk into the back room and grab a few things to clean and wrap my cut. There's no mirror so I have to go off my limited vision and feeling. It burns as I clean it and I bite my lip so hard that my mouth is filled with a metallic taste of blood.

"Lora? Are you in here?" Obi-Wan pokes his head into the room and notices what I'm doing. He takes a sharp breath before walking to me. "Let me do that." He takes a seat beside me to get better access.

"What happened?" I ask him.

"What do you mean?" He doesn't lift his eyes from my arm.

"How did I get the wound?"

His movement pauses. He takes a shaky breath before looking up into the ceiling. I see his eyes conflicting. I want to push again, but decide it's better to let him answer himself. "I did it."

"What?"

"There was a way to get the Son to stop controlling you," he swallows before beginning to wrap my wound. "It was to cut him out. I'm sorry."

I shake my head at his apology. "Master. Thank you."

He looks up in shock at my words. "I cut you. Why are you thanking me?"

"You did what you had too. To save me."

He doesn't say anything else. Not that he needs to. He finishes wrapping my arm and helps me into my robe to keep me warm.