Chapter 23

I dream of the big, blue waterfalls and the green, flowery fields of Naboo. The sweet taste of peace and quiet. Right until I wake up by alarms blaring and red flashes blinds my eyes. It's not the first time this has happened, I know the deal. As I run out of my door, I collide with someone else running.

"I'm sorry," I quickly apologize, until I look up and see that it's Anakin. "Oh, it's you."

"Yeah it's me," he snarkily says and shows me lightly as we run trying to find Obi-Wan.

"Do you know what's happening?" I ask him.

"No," the only response. Thank you so much for that.

Thankfully, my comlink beeps and my master's voice comes through.

"Lora, I need you to find Anakin and meet me in the hangar!" He instructs me. We turn the corner and enter the hanger. It's actually impressive how we managed to go almost exactly where needed, out of that big of a ship we're on.

"That was quick!" My master states as we meet up with him.

"Yeah, well it helped that he was right beside me," I say. "What's going on?"

"The Separatist is here and attacking, we're going out," he says and gestures to our three fighters lined up behind him. We jump into our respective ships and exit the hangar. We split up at first, but as always we have our coms on.

"Can you both hear me?" I hear my master over the coms.

"Yeah," I reply, Anakin doing the same.

But as the battle gets tougher, we end up having to group up again. Though it doesn't last long.

"Ventress!" Anakin says as our master gets hit from behind.

"Split up!" Obi-Wan tells us. We fly three different directions. I would have thought that she would follow Obi-Wan as his ship is already slightly damaged. But no, she is following me.

"Looks like I'm her favorite," I joke over the coms. Explosions are going off everywhere around me. With Ventress trying to blow me into pieces and having to navigate through debris that reminds me what I could look like in the next few seconds, it's really overwhelming.

"I hate to say it, but I really need help," I tell my master and Anakin.

"Where are you?" Anakin asks me.

I duck under another ship, trying to confuse her or something, just trying to get away. My heart is pounding as I know she pretty much has a clear shot of me. Suddenly a loud bang comes from the back of my ship and alarms starts to beep.

"I'm hit!" I can barely hear my own voice. The only thing I can hear is the beeping and the rush of blood in my head.

Then another voice comes through the com. "Lora, I repeat, where are you?"

"I'm heading toward the Separatist flagship," I manage to get out. I'm absolutely terrified.

"I see her," Anakin informs me, calming me a bit. I continue into the hangar of the flagship. My body is thrown forward as the ship hits the floor harshly. I look out the glass to see orange. Fire! I continue to frantically press the button to open the cockpit, but nothing happens. The controls must have been damaged. I see Anakin's ship land beside me.

"Lora! Lora!" Anakin yells through the glass. At last I press my hands on the glass and push with everything. The moment the glass opens, I'm met with an avalanche of fire extinguisher from R2-D2.

"Thank you R2, you can stop," I tell the droid as I cough trying to get the smoke out of my lungs. I stand up and jump out of the ship. Anakin takes a step forward.