Chapter 34

"Ahsoka, I'm not sure I can do it," I whine and dull the lightsabers. She got the idea to teach me how to fight with two lightsabers. It's just the two of us back at the temple today.

She tilts her head and glares at me. "Come on."

I roll my eyes at her. "Fine." I ignite both lightsabers and take a fighting position again. I'm using one of hers as she just uses one of her own.

"When you first get the hang of it, it's just like using one. It comes naturally," she explains.

"That's easy for you to say," I laugh, "you're like a natural at everything." I say it as a joke and the truth at the same time. I've never really seen Ahsoka struggle with anything, except for following orders. I just hope that one day I can be just as good as she is.

We go slow at first, her teaching me the basics and then slowly speeding up the fight. She is right, even though it is more challenging at first, it begins to get easier. It's mostly a switch between my attacking and then me defending, getting the grounds placed. Ahsoka has the advantage that she is more secure in her fighting than me, and I can see her holding back. Then in a second I'm lading hard on my back and all my breath gets knocked out of me.

"Uff.. That looked like it hurt." I glare up at Anakin that somehow managed to get back home right in time to see me fail.

"Don't listen to him," my master says while walking up beside him. "I'm sure you did good."

"Master, you're back earlier than expected," Ahsoka says surprised while helping me up.

"Well, the old man managed to talk his way out," Anakin puts his arm around Obi-Wan's shoulders. I crack a smile seeing how my master shakes his head at him. "Don't let us stop you from continuing." He exclaims after a second of silence and drags Anakin off to the side. "Show us what you've learned."

I take a deep breath as I ignite the two lightsabers. Don't mess this up, Lora, don't mess this up. Usually when taking a fighting position, I would hold the lightsaber with both hands to my right side. But now I have to figure out a new position. Ahsoka lets me dictate most of our steps. I use my dominant hand to attack while using the other to either push down on the other giving it more force or using it to be ready to defend. As I just think I've gotten the upperhand, I end up stumbling and only just manage to not get cut in half and impaled by my own lightsabers. As Ahsoka gets closer, ready to attack and use the situation, I look over at our masters. Obi-Wan is looking carefully at our moves, probably mostly mine, and rubbing his beard, on the other is Anakin who looks excited and amused. I can't fail my master. I have to win this fight. Please. As Ahsoka gets close enough, I use my legs to wipe her legs, but she does a backspring. I saw it coming and instead use the distance to get onto my feet again. This time when she comes at me, I attack her while she gets ready to attack me. The surprise makes her falter for a second and I take that second to use my second lightsaber to attack her from the other side. She can now either angle her blade to block both, but that would put her in a situation where she will be vulnerable from her other side. Or she could jump away and admit her defeat.

Both of the possible outcomes don't happen.

The thing about being a force wielder is when we get warning signs, we don't always think before we act. Our body does the work for us. Which means when I suddenly get a feeling that something is heading at me from behind, I don't have my mind as ready as my body. I turn and block another lightsaber from behind. I push both away and give myself a second to calm my mind. My master, on my left side, rolls his lightsaber around with his wrist before getting back into his fighting stance, as Ahsoka gets ready on my right side. My master lunges forward with graceful and fluid movement. I deflect his lightsaber and move back to put more space between us. The space is quickly filled with Ahsoka stepping forward and charging at me. I meet her lightsaber midair before sending a kick to her stomach.