Chapter 47

"Padawan Tano?" I hear Ganodi ask, as I walk in, I see all the younglings gathered around the control panel. "Ahsoka? Ahsoka? Ahsoka, are you there?" No answer.

"She's not here," I tell them. "She didn't make it. My best guess is that she's with the pirates." I try to look as calm as possible, but inside I'm freaking out. Pirates. And they've taken Ahsoka.

The younglings turns to me with horrified expressions. "What? What do we do now?"

"Our ship is damaged, so we'll try to contact any Republic ships nearby that can help us," I explain. Zatt begins to repair Huyang with the help of Gungi and R2. As Katooni tries to contact anyone.

"This is the Crucible calling the Republic fleet. Come in please, we need help."

A cracking sound, then the cockpit is filled with my old master's voice. "This is General Kenobi. We have your transmission."

"The General Kenobi?" Petro asks, amazed. R2 beeps happily and I push forward through the younglings.

"Master Kenobi," I say relieved.

"Lora?" He sounds shocked. "I thought you were with Master Yoda?"

I let out a breath. "I thought so too, but that's another story. Hondo attacked us on the way back."

"Hondo?" He rubs his beard. "Are you okay?" He sounds worried.

"I'm okay, so are the younglings, but our ship is damaged and Ahsoka was taken," I tell him, brushing off his worry.

"I'm dispatching Commander Cody to bring you back, we shall deal with Hondo on Florrum," Master Kenobi says.

"We won't have enough time for Cody to pick us up, and then go to Florrum," I argue.

He crosses his arms. "Lora, you can't go and help her on your own. We have enough time."

His words just make me mad. "He will hurt her, you know that."

"He would be a fool to hurt her," he says. "I know how you feel about pirates, Lora I really do. But you have the responsibility for six younglings now, and you aren't even cleared for missions yourself."

I shake my head in disbelief. "After everything, you still have more faith in Hondo than me. Unbelievable."

"That's not what I meant-"

"Right, of course not," I roll my eyes. "Thank you so much for your kind help, Master Kenobi." My voice is filled with sarcasm.

He sighs and opens his mouth to speak, but I cut the transmission off before he can. I turn around as I press my fingers to my temple, to find the younglings staring at me. "What?" I ask in confusion.

"How can you speak to a master like that?" Petro asks.

"I-uh," I stutter, not knowing what to say. "He was once my master, when you get one you'll understand."

"So what? We just wait now?" Zatt asks while trying to put Huyang together.

I cross my arms. "Yes, that's exactly what we're going to do. You could work on putting your lightsabers together." The younglings sit down somewhere in the room where younglings usually put their lightsabers together. A comforting silence settles down in the room as the younglings focus on their lightsabers. I sit down in a dimly lit corner and close my eyes, getting all the rest that I possibly can.

"Huh, what do you think?" Petro breaks the silence. I don't bother to even open my eyes.

"I think you've finished your lightsaber," Katooni says. "Doesn't mean you know how to use it."