Chapter 49

Over the past day, the rebels have caused a bit of chaos within the city, but nothing major. Things like taking out a small group of droids, saving civilians from captivity and other small things, but it does help to show the civilians, that there are people against the Separatists hold on the planet. The four of us Jedi are only observing. If someone got the hint of us being involved, it would lead to a massive dispute between the Separatists and the Republic as the leader and government of Onderon technically is legal and wasn't taken by power. 

Master Kenobi hasn't let me out of his sight, or Master Skywalker's sight. One of them is always at least a few meters away from me. I don't get why they're so overprotective, it's not like either of them is my master. Currently we have all met up in an alley and collect the others as we pass them, without words. We enter a building we have used as our hiding place and take our seats on the two couches placed in a circle in the middle of the room.

"Your success will not go unnoticed," Master Skywalker breaks the silence as he pushes his hood down. Some of the rebels celebrate at his words.

"I agree, but we need to be mindful of public perception," Master Kenobi destroys the vibe. He then leans forward and looks in Ahsoka and I's direction. "What was your observation, Padawan?" Which one does he mean?

Luckily Ahsoka takes the word. "The people were fearful, Master."

"Indeed. Judging from the reactions I saw today, I'm afraid they will mistake your intentions," he agrees.

"We need to do more damage," Saw says as he hits his palms together. "A few dozen broken-down droids will do little to free onderen."

Steela leans forward. "The people need to believe we can succeed. Without their support, our efforts are meaningless."

"If they're afraid, they won't support us," Lux says. "We need to assure them of our intentions."

"I don't understand. Why are they afraid?" Saw asks.

"They're afraid we're not strong enough to win. We need to earn their trust," Steela explains to him.

"You'll have plenty of time to earn their trust. All of you are going to be very busy." A small smile crosses Master Skywalker's face.

Rex nods. "Today was only a taste. You'll get your chance."

Master Kenobi turns to the rebels. "In the meantime, make the most of your victories. Welcome and learn from them."

"Perhaps if we hit something big."" Lux stands up. "Gave a show of strength, they will overcome their fear and join us."

"Do you have something in mind?" Ahsoka asks him.

A grin is plastered on Lux's face. "I know the perfect target."

Master Kenobi and Skywalker stand up, making a quiet gesture for me and Ahsoka to follow. We leave the building with our hoods up.

"I think they're ready to give the 501st some competition," Master skywalker says as we walk out the door.

Rex, who's walking in front, turns his head to him. "Let's not get carried away, General, though these rebels have impressed me."

"We will share the developments with the Jedi Council," Master Kenobi says. "Ahsoka will remain here as an advisor. Monitor them and report back with their progress."

"Understood," Ahsoka nods. "But, won't Lora stay as well? To help." I certainly hope so.

Master Kenobi takes a deep breath. "No, she will leave with us."