Chapter 11

"You have to trust the force, move with that trust," Obi-wan tells me as he tries to teach me more about fighting with lightsabers.

"Master, I've just beat you in a duel," I express my irritation.

"I let you win," my master claim, making me scoff in humor.

"Sure, yeah right," I tell him, going into a fighting position again.

"Lora, you are fast, and you are great at dueling. But you fight with passion and strength, you don't use the force," He replies.

"So?" I ask, getting worried that I might be disappointing him with my fighting style.

"You fight with your feelings, my dear. When you are stressed, you make more mistakes. When you are angry, you push a lot more and use more strength, which in the end will make you tired," Obi-wan responds, sitting down and signaling for me to sit down as well.

I don't respond. I know that he is right, but I don't know what to do about it. So I just look down into the floor of the training room and fidget with my lightsaber.

"I'm sorry"

"Don't be sorry little one. Nothing that can't be trained away," my master assures me. But it doesn't make the pit in my stomach go away. Suddenly his comlink goes off and he is called to the council room.

"I'm sorry dear, I have to go," he stands up instantly and rushes out of the room. Leaving me sitting on the floor in defeat.

"Nothing that can't be trained away, huh?" an annoying screech of a voice comes from the entrance.

"What do you want, Ekwash?" I ask with pure hatred in my voice. Just saying his name makes my skin crawl. He walks into the room and towards me.

"You know, when you became Master Kenobi's padawan, we all knew you couldn't do it. There haven't been any special achievements from you, silence. The only time you have been talked about, was when you broke your foot, and then when you got shot. Not exactly proud moments."

I can feel my cheeks turning red in embarrassment. He's right. I haven't done anything special. And being Obi-wan's padawan, that wasn't enough.

"It's only a matter of time before he decides that you aren't worth his time. And then, well, you are gone. Nobody is going to want a padawan who's master dropped them. You can train as much as you want to, but you need to realize, you will never be good enough," his words stings. I can feel my eyes burning. I stand up and begin to walk out.

"The force's got your tongue?" he asks me degradingly. I continue my way out, not wanting to spend another second in the same room as him. Then I feel him pulling my lightsaber from my belt. I swiftly turn around trying to grab it before it reaches his hand. But he just stands there with my lightsaber in his hand. His face wears an ignoring grin.

"Give it back," I command him.

He doesn't.

"I said, give it back, Ekwash," my voice full of disgust. I walk towards him. He doesn't move, almost looking more amused than before. I stop right in front of him, our bodies almost touching. He isn't the tallest person, but neither am I, so I have to tilt my head to look him in his eyes.

"Am I interrupting something?" the voice of my master startles both of us. I move away, but the annoying goblin in front of me just keeps his eyes on me.

"No of course not, Master Kenobi, just catching up." He says with an annoying smile. I don't say anything, now more mad than ever.

"Lora, come along we have a mission," my master calls on me.