Chapter 18

"We are decrypting the audio, sir." one of our clones informs us, as we are standing on the bridge of The Negotiator.

"The clone planet of Kamino will be a dangerous target," a female voice says. Her hood is up, so we can't see her face.

"Just make sure you hold up your half of the mission. We must stop the production of new clones if we are to win this war!" General Grievous says before the transmission breaks off.

"Kamino," Anakin states.

"They're going to attack our home planet," Rex says. I can see the panic on both his and Cody's face, the same with all the other clones in the room.

"The Separatists are taking quite the chance even considering this," Obi-Wan says. He's right, it would be an incredible win for them if they managed to do so, but it's a planet filled with clones and Jedi.

"With all due respect, General, if someone comes to our home, they better be carrying a big blaster," Rex tells us.

"I concur with Captain Rex, sir." Cody agrees. "This is personal for us clones."

"We'll make sure Kamoni is secure. Tell your troopers in the 501st and 212th, that they are going home," I reassure them.

"Yes, sir."

✥✥✥✥✥✥

"I know you said it was going to rain, but couldn't you have warned me to take my robe on?" I ask my master frustrated as we walk out of our cruiser and into pouring rain.

"Don't worry, it will dry as soon as we get inside," my master tells me. I sure hope so, if not, I'm going to be soaked and annoyed the entire day.

"Masters Kenobi and Skywalker, Padawan Caran, welcome to Kamino," Master Shaak-Ti greets us.

"Greetings, Generals," says a native Kaminoan.

"I wish our arrival wasn't under such circumstances. We believe Grievous is planning a Separatist attack on Kamino." Obi-Wan explains our visit.

"But the Republic blockade is far too strong. They would not dare." The Kaminoan says. Thunder booms from above, making me jump a bit in shock as we walk into the facility.

"Not a big fan of thunderstorms?" Anakin asks me.

"My mother always said thunderstorms means something bad is going to happen" I explain.

"And you believe that?" He asks with a hint of amusement.

"Well I used not too, but the night before my entire people was killed, there was a thunderstorm" I shrug, even as he stops walking in shock, I keep going.

The alarms start blaring as we enter our designated room, one we would stay in if there's no battle today. Not that we are going to use it now.

"Where is the attack coming from?" I ask my master.

"It seems like it's still out in space, they are attacking our blockade ships," Obi-Wan responds.

"I'll go out there, Lora, why don't you come with me?" Anakin asks me.

"Hold up, why would she do that?" Obi-Wan stops me. I'm standing in the middle of the hall with them arguing over me.

"Then you can see how much she has learned, come on Lora," Anakin turns around. I give my master puppy eyes.

"Don't give me those eyes...Fine! Be careful okay," Obi-Wan gives in. I break out in a big smile.

"Great, you are going to be proud of her" Anakin yells to him as we run towards the hangar.