Chapter 19

"Please just be careful, and try not to remind them of our last 'adventure' there," Obi-Wan asks me through the hologram.

"I know, and I will be, don't worry," I tell him.

"I can't help but too," he mutters. "I'm sorry I wasn't there to send you off."

"It's alright. Anyways, I have to go, we're almost there," I tell him goodbye before turning off the hologram and walking back into the cockpit where Anakin and Ahsoka are sitting.

"Have you ever been to Mandalore?" I ask Ahsoka as we are nearing the planet.

"No, can't say I have," she replies. Ever since we've been assigned to teach some kids around our age at the Mandalorian Academy, she has been a bit...quiet.

"The council has given you and Lora a mission, Ahsoka. It's your duty to see it through." Anakin tells us, mostly Ahsoka though.

"Don't you think we're a little overqualified for this?" Ahsoka asks, still having her arms crossed.

"According to Senator Amidala, Mandalore is a deeply corrupt world. If the cycle is to be broken, the future leaders at the Royal Academy of Government must learn the evils of corruption." He answers.

"Don't worry, Ahsoka. I have a feeling that this is going to be way different than we think," I tell her. While I'm mostly trying to cheer her up, I'm not exactly lying. I do have a feeling.

We land on the same platform as the previous time I was here. But this time, Satine is there to greet us personally.

"Duchess Satine," I greet her.

"I think we are over the formalities, Lora," she tells me with a smile.

"Very well, Satine," I say before stepping aside, letting Anakin and Ahsoka come forward. Anakin tries to flatter as always by kissing Satines hand as he speaks very formally. I roll my eyes, having seen that trick way too many times by now.

"I'm grateful that the Jedi council could spare the three of you to help instruct our leaders and peacekeepers of tomorrow. Please thank Master Yoda for me," Satine says, I look at Anakin a little confused. Does she not know it's just the two of us?

"Uh...I'm afraid that, due to our limited resources, I must return to battle immediately," Anakin explains the misunderstanding.

"So you will not be staying, Master Skywalker?" Prime Minister Almec asks.

"No, but I assure you, Padawan Tano is a highly capable Jedi, and Lora, as you have already seen, is more than talented and fit for this job," Anakin tells him.

"Very well. Cadet Korkie, Amis, Lagos. These are some of the cadets that you will be instructing," the prime minister says, as three figures move in between the duchess and prime minister. I instantly recognise Korkie, he seems to recognise me as well as he gives me a small smile, which I of course return.

"Nice to meet all of you," Ahsoka tells them.

One of the cadets, Amis, steps forward looking at our lightsabers. "That's a fine weapon. May I see it?"

"I'm afraid not. Because of Master Kenobi's, and yours Padawan Caran, recent visit and the trouble that followed, no off-worlders may carry weapons on Mandalore." I slightly wince as he explains their new policy and the reason behind it.

"Master Kenobi causing trouble? That's a first" Ahsoka exclaims.

"Remember what I told you after he and I returned from Mandalore?" I whisper to her trying to make her remember.