95

Jennie's PoV

Here I was, sat in my car outside of the ring, mentally preparing myself to enter.

Have they replaced me as the best fighter?

I doubt it.

I was pretty amazing. I only lost like five matches out of two hundred.

I let out a sigh and pulled myself out of my head as I got out of my car. It was dark and the car lot was slowly filling up with cars as people entered the ring.

I went in through the back, just like I used to. Everything looked the exact same. I made my way to Hosoek's, my old bosses, office. I lightly knocked on the door.

A faint come in was all I could hear beside the loud crowd and deafening music.

Once I opened the door, he let out a loud gasp as he stood up from his chair and came towards me. His small, short figure came towards me before he grabbed me by my forearms with his small wrinkly hands.

"Oh my god," he gasped out as he pulled me into a hug. "What happened to you?"He took a step back and leaned against his desk. "I-I had to go away for a while," I stuttered before coming up with a slight lie.

I mean, I did go away for a while.

"No calls, no messages, hell, you didn't even give me a heads up that you were leaving!"

"I know," I sighed out. "I'm sorry."

"Regardless of all that, I'm glad you're okay," he said seriously. I gave him a small smile. "Last time I saw you, you were just a kid and now, look at you! You're all grown up!"

I let out a chuckle at that. Hosoek has always been like another dad to me or an older brother. He was always making sure I was okay and checking up on me even when he didn't need to.

"That husband of yours been treating you right?," he asked, remembering before that I told him I was getting married. I bit my lip, wondering if I should tell him that I'm technically not married anymore.

But we're in a relationship.

"Yeah," I breathed out.

"That's good."

"He's amazing actually," I corrected myself with a smile as I thought about everything related to him since I've returned."You deserve some happiness," he said, his eyes gleaming with happiness. "It was amazing seeing you."

"You too! Hosoek, could I, maybe, fight tonight?," I asked slowly, knowing he'd probably say no.

"Are you sure?"

I nodded my head. "I've picked up some new skills and I'm ready."

He nodded his head, making me let out a silent cheer. "Go get ready then."

"Rules are still the same?," I asked Hosoek.

"Yeah. You don't need me reminding you?"

"No, I got it," I confirmed as I fixed my mask, making it sit perfectly on my face.

My hair was braided down my back as red shorts and a red sports bra covered my body. A red mask covered my face as red and gold boxing gloves covered my hands.

"Want to be introduced as Red?" I nodded my head. "I'll be back," Hosoek said before he disappeared to talk to the announcer.

Minutes later, he returned. "You got this," he encouraged me. "Good luck." "INTRODUCING A FIGHTER WE'VE ALL MISSED! SHE'S FEISTY AND ANGRY. GIVE IT UP FOR REEEEDDDDDD!," the announcer announced stretching out the 'e' and 'd'.