43

I felt something being put over my lower half. I cracked an eye open to Taehyung at the door. Words were shared between him and whoever was on the other side before they walked in and left a cart of food. When they left, I turned in the bed, moving whatever it was he put over me. As if he knew what I was about to ask, he spoke.

"Your ass was hanging out so I put a blanket on over you."

"There's this thing that I'm wearing and it's called a T-shirt. It's also something which you could've just pulled down," I said feigning shock.

"Where's the fun in that?," he simply asked. "'Cause I can just rip the blanket off you and-."

"Horny motherf-," I began to say.

"I'm proud of you," he cut in, sarcastically. "You've found yourself another swear to say!"

"And I'll find another one unless you hand me the pancakes please," I demanded sweetly. He rolled his eyes and passed me the plate.

After a couple of seconds of silence, he spoke, "Every year, I'd go to visit Luca." My heart broke at that sentence. This is the first time he's not gone to visit Luca on their birthday and I can't possibly understand how hard that must be. "I'd go and sit by his grave for a couple of hours."

"He won't be alone," I said. "Your mom or Nayeon or someone will be there to visit him." He let out a sigh and shook his head, clearing away all thoughts of his brother.He suddenly plastered a smile on his face, though I could tell it was forced. "So what are we doing today?"

"Anything you want to," I shrugged. "After all, it's your birthday."

"Can we just stay here then?," he asked as he stole a pancake from my plate and shoved it in his mouth.

"Nope," I said, changing my mind.

"You said we can do anything I wanna do," he narrowed his eyes at me.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I changed my mind. Get ready." He glared at me from his spot. "We're not here all the time. We've only got a little over a week here. So shut up and enjoy this time with me." He rolled his eyes and begrudgingly got up to get ready.

"See!," I exclaimed. "This is way better than just staying in the hotel!" I kept my hands on the handle as sand flew around me.

If you haven't already guessed, we were driving quad-bikes in the desert. Thankfully, we were away from all the people and camels which made it less likely for me to accidentally hit someone with my terrible driving skills.He let out a loud laugh as he zoomed past me, challenging me to a race. From the way things were already looking, I knew instantly that I've already lost but I raced forwards attempting to get close to him.

Twenty minutes later, we got off the quad bikes and went sand-boarding.

Who knew that was a thing?

"Oh shit!," I yelled as I lost balance and fell face first into the sand. Tae burst out laughing as he edged forwards to help me up. He held his hand out only for me to roughly pull on his arm, pulling him down too.

The air left my lungs as he landed on top of me. Clearly, I didn't think that out properly. The air was violently thrown out of my lungs more like it.

He lifted himself up and sat beside me as I sat up straight. He threw an arm over my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. "I love you," he suddenly said. I almost forgot that I had let it slip last night.

How could I forget that?

"I love me too," I joked awkwardly as he left a light kiss on my forehead. He let out a chuckle. "On a serious note though, I love you too."

He gave me a tight lipped smile that I instantly knew was fake.Something is wrong.

"What's up?"

"I got a call earlier," he began. That's why he took the piss in the bathroom. "It was Chim. We're gonna have to cut this vacation short."

"Really?," I asked, my happiness deflating. I wanted to spend more time with him because once we go back it's gonna be all business.

"Yeah. I told him not to call unless he couldn't handle it."

"When are we leaving?"

"Tomorrow."

At least that gives us the rest of today together.

"Try it," I said with a huge smile growing on my face as I moved my fork towards his mouth. He moved his head to the side.

"It's got caviar on it," he said as he scrunched his face up in disgust.

"It might look and sound disgusting but it actually tastes amazing. Come on, just try it." Reluctantly, he opened his mouth as I shoved in the pasta topped with caviar. He slowly chewed on it before agreeing with me."See! I told you. I have amazing taste buds," I shrugged as my eyes skimmed over this whole restaurant. We were in a restaurant in a hotel. I think we were on the 68th floor. Anyways, where we were seated we had a clear view of the Burj Khalifa and the sunset.

"Thank you," I suddenly said to him. He looked at me with a confused expression. "For bringing me here."

"This is the least I could do for you. You deserve this and more. I just wish we didn't have to cut this vacation short."

"Me too." I bit my lip nervously, contemplating on if I should say something before deciding to just say it. "Promise me that no matter what happens we're staying by each other's side and we've got each others backs?"

I was talking about the mafia ball and he knew I was too. The thought of it has been turning my stomach inside out. I was nervous. He was too. I guess it's the feeling of not knowing and not being in control that's got us feeling like this.

"I promise."