IKA-LIMAMPU'T LIMANG KABANATA

"So, when are you coming back here?"

Priscilla rolled her eyes, then placed her hand on her waist. "Excuse me? What do you think of me? Faint-hearted?"

The woman on the other line released a brief chuckle. "Of course not! So silly of me to doubt you," after a while, she cleared her throat. "But what are your plans now? Although I'm aware that your family is there, do you even have any desire to return?"

Priscilla huffed. "You know me, Kelly. If you ask me, I wouldn't even want to come back," then she aggressively expelled air when she remembered something. "I'm just fucking pissed off right now. I already found an escape, yet it seems that the fucking fate is pulling fucked-up tricks on me! The objective is to flee away, but this god-damned fate keeps leading me back there. If only you could see how I'm fuming in anger right now!" Tila gusto magpapapadyak sa inis ni Priscilla. Sinubukan niyang silipin saglit mula sa pinto ang dalagang iniwan niya sa loob ng isang silid, nang makita itong 'di gumalaw sa kinauupuan niya, ibinalik niya ang tuon sa kausap.

Kelly laughed. "Babe, that's definitely karma. You're stuck here. Why don't you just come home?"

"And what? Torture myself? Heck no! And the home you're referring to is a living hell!"

"Oh yeah? Well, how about Theo?"

Muling napaikot ang mga mata ng dalaga nang marinig ang pangalang iyon. "What about him?"

"He's been asking me almost everyday whether I know anything about your whereabouts! You must do something about this, Pris. I feel bad for lying,"

"My situation here is already terrible. Please don't screw it up any more, Kels." Priscilla shot back, sounding slightly sarcastic. Saglit din siyang napahilot sa sintido. "And Theo can go to hell for all I care!"

"Pris, that's so mean..." Kelly whispered. "In case you forget, Theo is your—"

"Come on, Kels! Do you think I'm oblivious of that? And do you really think I'll give a damn about it?"

"But he's worried sick about you. At least let him know you're still breathing,"

Napaismid si Priscilla. Ayaw na niyang pahabain pa ang usapang iyon. "Fine, I'll think about it. Anyway, I have to go, Kels. Ate Xania must be looking for me now. I'll just give you a call back when a miracle happens,"

Saglit na tumawa si Kelly. "Sure. Take care, babe!"

Nang matapos ang tawag ay napabuga ng hangin si Priscilla. I fucking need a break from all of this drama, she thought as she proceeded to make her way to the bathroom.