IKA-LIMAMPUNG KABANATA (Huling Bahagi)

"Hindi mo ba talaga magagawang bisitahin si dad kahit saglit, Lorenzo? The fact that we are still his offspring is something you cannot ignore. He needs us."

Lorenzo had no idea how long he had been staring at the message sent by his sister. 10 minutes? 20? or 30 minutes? He doesn't even care. He was devoid of any emotion that should be felt after hearing the news.

Nasa kalagitnaan siya ng graduation ceremony kanina nang tumawag ang kapatid. For an instant, he felt worried for her because he feared something bad had happened to his sister. Xania was in such panic and couldn't stop crying when he answered the phone. There, she announced that Francisco had been admitted to the hospital again and is in critical condition. He remained silent, unsure of how to react to what he had heard. Not because the news affected him too much, but rather because he didn't give a damn.

"Ano ba, Lorenzo?! Could you please stop this madness? Ama pa rin natin 'tong pinag-uusapan natin! How dare you say such words?! Ni hindi ko na alam ano ang gagawin! I freaking need you here!"

"You don't need me. The truth is, you just need me there para maramdaman mong may karamay ka habang nakikisimpatya sa taong kahit kailan ay hindi naman nagkaroon ng pakialam sa atin."

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Xania bellowed over the other end. She couldn't believe what she was hearing from her brother.

"I only care about you, ate, and I know you're fine right now, so you don't need me." Lorenzo deeply sighed. "And for Francisco, I believe he's a god. He's definitely capable of controlling his circumstances. You're pregnant. Don't stress yourself out."

He couldn't help but run his fingers through his hair as he recalled that conversation with his sister. Hindi na niya maintindihan si Xania. Hindi niya alam kung saan pa kinukuha ng kapatid ang pagmamalasakit para sa ama sa kabila ng mga sitwasyon na gusto nitong itali sa kanila.

Xania is too kind for this world, which is why she is so easily exploited.

He decided to put the phone down and returned his attention to his laptop. Just as he was about to close it, an album uploaded by Mrs. Domingo appeared on his Facebook news feed. It was an album of photos taken at the commencement. He stared at it for a short while. His mind seemed to be debating whether or not to look at it, but his curiosity got the better of him and he clicked it. He couldn't figure out why he was a little uneasy while going through those photographs.

Although a part of his heart was whispering a name, his mind doesn't wish to look for it.

A click, then another click, then— a photo of Priscilla and the Domingo's appeared.

Kumuyom ang kaniyang kamao nang maalala ang mga nangyari kanina. Priscilla is getting more adept at upsetting him. She had obviously taken advantage of the situation earlier. Kung wala lang siguro siyang kaharap na ibang tao no'ng mga oras na 'yon, the moment na lumapit ang dalaga sa kaniya ay baka naitulak na niya ito palayo. He despised her presence so much. Tipong 'di niya 'ata kakayaning huminga sa silid kasama ito. Pero dahil magaling makipaglaro si Priscilla, nakuha nito ang gustong mangyari kanina.