Chapter 63

....2 hours earlier before the framing and the arrest...

"General, this is obviously a trap. Why are you still going in?" Nagtatakang tanong ni Detective Paredez sa heneral habang sila'y nag-uusap over the phone.

Papunta pa lamang ito sa lugar na ibinigay ng heneral na noo'y nauna na roon.

"Detective Paredez, we have to bite their bait in order to save my daughter."

"But why don't we just fight them face to face and then save your daughter, Sir?" Katwiran naman ni Paredez.

"Well, we can do that and win but we cannot guarantee my daughter's safety. Those people are obviously pulling some strings and all that they wanted is to set me up for a crime that they made."

"What do you mean by that, Sir?"

"I can't be sure enough, but that's certainly what's waiting for me there."

"Then do you really have to go, Sir?"

"My daughter is not in the area, but his abductor will be there. My daughter must be somewhere else and that's for you to find out. But in order for us to locate her, I'll have to bite the bait first."

"How exactly, Sir?"

"Senior Detective, you have to hide first and don't do anything for me. Your focus is my daughter and gathering evidence. Don't dare to engage in the scene and just wait until the drama is over even something bad will happen to me. Once it's over, you can follow the abductor and retrieve my daughter and keep her safe no matter what. Once it's done, collect the dashcam footage of the car I used. Only then, you can visit me in wherever prison I will be at." Seryoso niyang mando at bumaba na ng kotse na iniwan niya ilang metro mula sa lugar ng pagsabog.

____

Buong magdamag na hindi nakatulog ng maayos si Shu.

Wala siyang kinausap na kahit sino man matapos niyang pauwiin na si Cera at baka madamay pa ito sa kaguluhang nangyayari lalo na't masilan ito dahil sa sakit sa puso.

Nang magising siya sa madaling araw mula sa saglit na pagkaidlip habang tumatangis ay mabigat ang kanyang katawan at mugto ang mga mata.

She's dying because of her worries about Elly at the same time overwhelmed and sulking because of the unsettled things between him and the General. Dumagdag pa ang nalaman niyang si Claire ang dumadalaw kay General sa hotel. Hindi niya alam kung saang anggulo niya iyun titingnan. She's overthinking a lot which making her crazy.

She was deeply drowned in her train of thoughts when she saw the book in the bookshelf na hindi nakaayos at malapit ng mahulog na maaring maging dahilan ng pagkahulog nung iba pang mga libro. Kaya naman ay tumayo na siya upang ayusin ang mga iyun.

Matapos niyang ibalik sa ayos ang mga libro ay nahagip ng kanyang mga mata ang isang libro sa higher section ng bookshelf.