Chapter 84

Halos mapraning 'non ang Presidente nang makita niya ang Heneral sa paligid ng palasyo. Ang lugar kung saan akala niya'y ligtas siya dahil sa dami ng security ay imposibleng makapuslit ang Heneral. Subalit ayun nga at nakita niya ito at nginisian pa siya.

"I swear, I saw him! I saw him!" Pawisan at napapalunok niya pang pahayag sa PSG head.

"But Sir, that's impossible. The Palace security has been tighter than ever. How can he penetrate through our bodyguards? Hindi po kaya ay namalik mata lamang kayo kanina? Maybe it wasn't really him."

"So you're saying that I'm crazy to believe that I saw Dhark when, in fact, I didn't? Hmm? Is that what you're saying?!"

"My apologies, Sir. But that's not what I meant, I'm just sayi-"

"ENOUGH! JUST LOOK FOR HIM NOW! FOR SURE NANDITO PA SIYA SA LOOB NG PALASYO DAHIL BALAK NIYA AKONG PATAYIN! FOR SURE , E'S JUST LOOKING FOR THE RIGHT TIMING TO COME NEAR ME!" Naaalarma pa nitong pahayag.

"Sir, we already did. I've had the whole Palace swept from bottom up, but there's no Dhark! Not even a single sign of him."

"Huh, are you sure? Why don't you go there and ask your men to find him again!"

"Sir, sorry for butting in , ut the NBI is now also working on the cases you're involved with. I'm afraid, soon, the ombudsman will ask for your presence."

"I know about that, but I'm not afraid of it! Marami pa siyang dapat gawin to be able to question me. I'm the sitting president I should be jmmuned from any suit. And if in case they'll succeed in finding evidence against me and I'll be subjected to impeachment, I sure can take myself out of it easily! I'm more worried about the general being around. Once he finds a chance to come near me, I'm done!"

"Then--- then I'll have a suggestion, Sir."

"What,"

"Sir, how about we drop everything for now and volunteer to go under NBI's custody." Maingat na suhestiyon ng kanyang executive secretary kaya nanlaki ang mga mata niya.

"What?! Ipapakulong ko ang sarili ko?"

"Well, that's basically the case, Sir. But that's for temporary only. The NBI's safe house is the safest place you can go for now. Malakas ang mga ebidensya laban sa'yo, that will be enough to turn you in. But again, as you have said, we can easily pull some strings to clean your name later on. Ang mahalaga ngayun ay ang makapagtago ka from the General. If you turn yourself in, the General won't be able to follow you. Through that, we can buy some time until the Nocturnal Bandits or Interpol finds him. Kapag wala na siya, then we can proceed to cleaning up your name to get you back to the place where you belong." Mahaba pang pahayag ng kanyang sekretarya kaya naman napaisip siya.

Nakaupo siya nun at nakasandal sa backrest ng upuan bago hinilot ang sintido.

Matapos magkapag-isip isip ay naupo na siya ng maayos at tiningala ang sekretarya na nakatayo lamang sa harap ng kanyang lamesa.

"Do you really think that turning myself in is the best way to escape the general?"

"Of course, Sir, we have no other options. Besides, you'll up in the safe house after you volunteer to be investigated. It will surely create a big fuss in the country, but that's a temporary thing, and we can control the media to not let out any public releases about it. We can turn this whole thing into secret, Sir. That way, we avoid the citizen from being alarmed."

"But it will be messy. Going in there voluntarily means I'm admitting the accusations that they're throwing at me! I will basically drag my name down the drain!"