Episode 2: Eriola

Silence fills the room as I take my seat. Everyone is on edge, eagerly awaiting Mr. Covington's thoughts on our company. After what feels like an eternity, he finally speaks up.

"What sets your company apart from all the others in New York? Why should I choose to spend my time and money with Urban Design Group?" His gaze focuses directly on me as he asks his question.

My heart pounds in my chest, but I muster the courage to respond. "It's true, there are countless design firms in New York, but few can match our level of commitment and personal investment in each project we take on. At Urban Design Group, we don't just design buildings, we create experiences. We understand that each structure we build is more than a collection of steel and concrete; it's a testament to the people who will live, work, and thrive within its walls. Our approach is rooted in the belief that a well-designed space can positively impact the lives of everyone who steps foot inside."

I take a deep breath, feeling a surge of conviction in my words. "Our team is composed of the brightest minds in the industry, and our portfolio speaks for itself. From sustainable housing developments to state-of-the-art commercial spaces, we have the expertise and drive to exceed your expectations."

Mr. Covington leans back in his chair, stroking his chin thoughtfully. "Interesting." His eyes flicker around the room, sizing up each member of our team. "I like your passion, but words alone don't sell me. I need to see it in action." He stands and walks over to the floor-to-ceiling window overlooking the cityscape. "Tell me, what would you change about this view?"

My heart skips a beat. I follow his gaze to the breathtaking sight of the Empire State Building in the distance, flanked by a sea of ​​glass and steel. "Well, sir, it's a magnificent view as is, but if I had to suggest one change," I hesitate, unsure of how my idea will be received. "I'd propose a green space or two, maybe a rooftop garden with native plants, to counterbalance the concrete jungle below."

Mr. Covington turns to face me, one eyebrow raised in amusement. "A rooftop garden, huh? That's thinking outside the box." He walks back to the conference table and points at the empty seat next to him. "Sit down, Ms....?"

"Thank you, sir," I say, fighting to hide my relief as I sink into the plush leather chair. "Eriola, Eriola Coleman."

"Eriola, I appreciate your honesty. The world of architecture can always use more original thinkers. Here's a challenge for you and your team." He slides a blueprint across the table, revealing an ambitious project that takes my breath away. "I have chosen to hire Urban Design Group to build my new hotel. I want you to incorporate your unique concept for a rooftop garden and make sustainability a top priority in the design process." His eyes narrow, challenging me to take it on.

"We'd be thrilled to," I reply, my voice confident, though butterflies dancing in my stomach. "You won't be disappointed." I extend my hand, and he grips it firmly, sealing the deal. As we shake on it, I know that this project could either make or break our company. But I'm more than ready to prove that Urban Design Group is up to the task.

As the meeting comes to a close, everyone begins gathering their belongings to leave the conference room. Mr. Covington and Randy remain behind, deep in conversation. I can feel Mr. Covington's gaze on me and his bodyguards by the door, ever vigilant like guard dogs protecting their master.

I gather my things and start heading back to my office when I hear Randy calling my name. "Eriola, come over here for a moment," he says with a wide smile on his face, as if he just won the lottery. My gut tells me this can't be good.

I approach the two men, both of them grinning like they've lost their minds."Yes, sir?" I ask, wondering what they could possibly want from me.

"Well, Jonathan wants to speak with you alone," Randy says, still smiling. But as he starts to walk away, he leans in and whispers in my ear, "Eriola, make me proud. He wants you to lead this account. It's worth millions. Do whatever it takes."

His words send a chill down my spine. This is a huge opportunity, but also a huge responsibility. I nod, understanding the gravity of the situation. Without hesitation, I respond with a strong "Yes, sir," before approaching Jonathan, who is standing by the window, gazing out at the city below.

"Fuck, what did my boss just get me into?" I mutter under my breath. "I hope it's nothing bad, goddamn it."

As I reach Jonathan, he turns to face me, a mysterious smile playing on his lips. "Are you ready for what's next?" he asks.

My heart races. What have I just agreed to?

Hello Readers,

In this gripping episode, Eriola is thrust into a high-stakes opportunity that leaves her questioning what she has just agreed to. With the weight of responsibility heavy on her shoulders, she faces Jonathan's enigmatic challenge, her heart racing with anticipation and fear. What will this new role entail, and how will it shape her future?

Stay tuned to uncover the mysteries and challenges that await Eriola in the next episode. The journey of ambition, risk, and discovery continues.

Happy Reading!

Pagine D'Oro