Episode 77: He was right!

Eriola's POV

A sharp, searing pain radiated through my chest and settled deep within my heart. The weight of betrayal and loss weighed heavily on me as I watched Salvador confess to killing Jonathan. For a brief moment, I let myself revel in the satisfaction of punching him in the face, but it did little to ease the turmoil inside me. Holden stood by silently, his strong arms wrapping around me as he lifted me up and carried me towards the SUV.

As we drove back to my house, I couldn't stop the tears from falling down my cheeks. Holden was there for me, gently caressing my hair and showing me that I mattered to him. Despite the attraction that simmered between Salvador and I, I was all too aware that he had taken away my husband's life. As Holden had warned me before, I knew I needed to stay away from him. But the need to know more about what happened consumed me.

Now that I had uncovered the truth, it was clear that I needed to protect myself and my daughter from any further harm. At this moment, I require some time alone to fully process and mourn the loss of my husband. I must limit my physical contact with Holden until I have clarity on my emotions. In the two weeks since my husband's passing, I've been a rollercoaster of emotions. Holden carried me into my home, Miriam opened the door for us.

He led me upstairs to my bedroom and gently lay me down on the bed. As he removed my shoes and dress, I could feel his concern for me radiating through his touch. He disappeared into the walk-in closet and returned with a nightgown, carefully dressing me in it. Sitting beside me on the bed, he leaned in and tenderly kissed my cheek as tears streamed down my face uncontrollably.

Holden took off his jacket and shoes before joining me in bed. Wrapping his arms around me, he held me close to his chest until I drifted off to sleep. This man is truly kind and deserving of the best, but before I can give that to him, I need to work through my emotions.

Holden's POV

I am seething with anger towards Eriola for putting herself in such a dangerous position. But now is not the time for an 'I told you so.' She cries and cries, her body shaking with sobs, and all I can do is hold her tight until she finds some solace. My touch on her skin feels electrifying, but I know I must resist my desires. It's my duty to help her grieve properly, to ensure that she and her young daughter Anya are safe.

Even if it means protecting Eriola from herself. She finally falls asleep, I gently slip out of bed, silently slipping on my shoes and grabbing my jacket. In the nursery, the soft glow of moonlight illuminates little Anya sleeping soundly in her crib. I brush a gentle kiss on her light brown cheek before quietly closing the door behind me.

I enter the living room, where Miriam the nanny is already seated on the couch. She greets me with a smile and says, "Holden, thank you for looking after Eriola and little Anya. Eriola refused to listen to me tonight when I told her not to go out with that man."

"It's my pleasure, Miriam. I'll be sure to keep an extra eye on them both," I assure her, glancing at my watch. "I should get going now. Call me if you need anything, alright?"

"Of course, Holden. Eriola is lucky to have you in her life," she says, and a hint of sadness flickers across her face. I gather my things and give her a reassuring nod before slipping out of the house as quietly as I came. I exit the house and make my way to the car where my brothers and guards are waiting for me. I take a seat in the back of the car.

"What happened?" asks my brother Alexander.

"She's safe, Alexander. But I need you and the rest of the guys to keep a closer eye on her and Anya. The danger is just getting started," I say, running a hand through my hair.