Episode 16: Jonathan (Unexpected Blessings)

Two days after our major argument, Rachael and I officially filed for divorce. In the divorce proceedings, I made sure she would get the family home so our sons could continue living in the same area and attending the same schools. When we sat them down to tell them about the divorce, they were understandably hurt, but they told us they understood that we no longer loved each other and just hoped we could still be friends.

My sons mean everything to me, even though I no longer love their mother. She is a good woman and deserves someone who will love and cherish her, just like I have found with Eriola. The divorce was granted quickly and my ex-wife and I were ready to move on with our lives. I do pay child support as well as alimony to Rachael until she decides to remarry, but that's nothing for a billionaire like me.

I now live in a lavish penthouse in downtown Manhattan with a beautiful view of the city. Things are going well for me and Eriola. I've been honest with her about my past marriage, but I know she is the woman for me.

Four months later, we are at the construction site for our hotel project. As I watch Eriola taking charge and making sure everything is perfect, I can't help feeling turned on by her confidence and competence. But she deserves more than just a quick fling in one of these abandoned buildings; she deserves the best. Eventually, Eriola agrees to move in with me and we start our journey together. However, one day at the construction site, I notice she doesn't look well and before I can say anything, she collapses on the ground.

"Eriola!" I yell, rushing to her side. Panic sets in as I gently cradle her head in my hands. "What's wrong? Can you hear me?"

Eriola's eyes flutter open weakly, her voice barely a whisper. "I don't know... I just feel so dizzy and nauseous all of a sudden."

"Don't worry, I'll call for an ambulance right away," I reassure her, frantically reaching for my phone.

"No, wait," she stops me, her hand gripping mine tightly. "I think... I think it's just the stress getting to me. The project, our relationship... everything is happening so fast."

I pause, taking in her words as I stroke her hair gently. "Eriola, you mean everything to me. Your health comes first, always. We can slow down, take a step back if we need to."

She gives me a weak smile, her eyes filled with gratitude. "Thank you, love. I know we can get through this together."

As we sit together on the ground of the construction site, the chaos around us fades away, leaving only the two of us in our own little bubble of understanding and support. The ambulance arrives and whisks us off to the hospital where Eriola receives the care she needs.

Once we arrive at the hospital, the doctor approaches me and begins asking questions. I answer to the best of my ability. They draw blood and have Eriola provide a urine sample to check for any infections in her body. I lay on the bed next to my girlfriend, watching her sleep soundly; she is truly beautiful. I love her more than anyone else I've ever loved before. Unlike with Rachael, I would never cheat on her because what I feel for her is real.

After what feels like an eternity, the doctor finally returns. "Hello, Miss Coleman, how are you feeling now?" Dr. Peterson asks, looking at Eriola with concern.

"I'm tired and feel like I might vomit," Eriola replies weakly, her eyes barely open.

"Well, Miss Coleman, that's because you're severely anemic and dehydrated. Also, it seems that you're approximately four months pregnant," Dr. Peterson says with a smile on his face.

"Pregnant? How? I'm on birth control," Eriola says groggily.

"Birth control is not always 100% effective, but if you don't want to continue with the pregnancy, we can discuss other options," he explains while looking at me. I am shocked myself but manage to speak up.

"Can we have some time to talk about this?" I ask, gesturing towards Eriola and myself.

The doctor gives me a sympathetic nod. "Take as much time as you need," he says, his voice lingering in my ears as he exits the room.

Shit, pregnant? How the fuck did this happen? I rack my brain, trying to comprehend the doctor's words, my eyes never leaving Eriola. She looks as flabbergasted as I am. The room suddenly feels too small, and a primal urge to protect her flares up within me.

"We're... we're pregnant?" Her voice is tiny, filled with disbelief. It shakes me out of my own thoughts.

I reach over, taking her hand into mine. My thumb traces circles on the back of her hand, an attempt to soothe both of us. "Seems like it."

For a split second, panic crosses her eyes before she hides it. She's scared but damn if she isn't trying to hide it. My heart clenches at how strong my woman is even in this fucking mess.

"But...I'm not ready," she whispers, her other hand clutching at her stomach. I can see the fear in her eyes, feel it radiating off her skin. Fuck, I want to shield her from everything that could hurt her, even from herself.

"We'll figure this out," I assure her because that's what we do - overcome shit together.

A silence envelops us as we soak in our new reality. It's fucked up, wasn't expected but here we are - potential parents. I feel a sudden surge of possessiveness creep into my veins at the thought of carrying my child within her. An odd sense of pride swells within me along with an urgent desire to claim them both as mine and only mine.

"We're keeping it," I declare finally breaking our silence. It's not a question or suggestion but a statement.

She looks at me in surprise before a soft smile graces her lips - acceptance in her eyes. God, I love this woman. "Okay," she says, squeezing my hand. I lean in, sealing the agreement with a fiery kiss. It tastes of promises and shared futures.

I'd kill, bleed, and go down on my knees for Eriola, and now, for our unexpected kid. That's what being a real man does - protects what's theirs at all costs. And Eriola and our child, they're mine to guard with everything I've got. Her hand finds its way around my neck as she pulls me closer, reminding me that I'm not alone in this. We're in this together, always.

Dear Reader,

In this chapter, Jonathan's world changes with the revelation of an unexpected pregnancy. The journey ahead promises to be filled with challenges, growth, and unwavering commitment. As they prepare to welcome a new life, stay tuned for the trials and triumphs that come with protecting and nurturing their newfound family.

Happy reading!

Pagine d'Oro