Episode 55: Holden (New York)

It had been four days since the explosion at our hotel. We mourned the loss of two staff members at their funerals, which were paid for by my family. My middle brother Alexander was now home, still recovering from his broken foot and fractured ribs. Nicholas and I sustained minor injuries, but Jonathan sprained his leg and fractured some ribs as well. Despite our injuries, we still had work to do.

Today, we headed to the airport where Jonathan's private plane was waiting for us. Security was tight, and my brother Nicholas and I were personally responsible for protecting Jonathan, Eriola, and their daughter. We would give our lives for them, just as Jonathan would for us.

I helped Eriola with her baby bags and other essentials while Jonathan spoke with the pilot and his security team. My feelings for Eriola had not changed; I was still willing to protect her and her precious child with my life. As we boarded the plane, we all settled in for the 15-hour flight ahead. Nicholas sat next to me while our men sat scattered around.

My seven best men accompanied us, along with eight of Jonathan's personal men. The rest of my men stayed behind to secure our parents' homes. I couldn't believe how powerful Jonathan was; it wasn't until now that his true identity as a member of the Russian Mafia became clear to me. He had yet to tell Eriola, perhaps thinking it was for the best.

Taking a deep breath, I tried to focus on the mission at hand: we knew who our target's were it's just the fact of taking them down. We took off, I looked out the window, my thoughts consumed with the mission and the beautiful woman I couldn't stop thinking about. Eriola was undeniably stunning, and I yearned to call her mine. But reality dictated that it couldn't be so. Still, I couldn't resist sneaking glances at her curves, admiring her backside and ample chest.

A few nights ago, I woke up and heard Jonathan and Eriola in sex. It was a shock to me, as I have feelings for Eriola and wished it was me in that situation. I can't help but feel jealous of my Jonathan, but I push these thoughts away. As we flew towards New York, I knew it wouldn't be long before we found the men responsible for all the hell we all been through.

As the plane hums under my feet, I lean back into the plush leather seat and cast a sidelong glance at Eriola who's nestling her baby in her arms. She's so bloody perfect, aching to be claimed, to be dominated. A growl echoes low in my throat as I imagine having her under me, my hands roaming the length of her voluptuous body.

"Holden, need help with anything?" Nicholas interrupts my thoughts, and I snap my gaze away from Eriola's direction. He's watching me with an eyebrow raised knowingly.

"Fuck off, I'm good," I respond curtly, rolling my eyes at his smug grin. My whole body buzzes with pent-up energy. I crack my knuckles absently as I plan our next move once we land.

With the night sky stretching out beneath us, New York awaits. We're almost there, close to avenging our men and protecting our own. Jonathan warned us that messing with the Bratva would not go unpunished. I may not be Russian, but I understand how serious this situation is. It's similar to my own family, the Sterlings - no one dares to cross us and survive.

My skin prickles as Eriola's soft laughter fills the cabin; she's probably amused by something the baby is doing. My cock twitches in my pants at the sound, and I grit my teeth against the surge of possessive lust that threatens to overwhelm me.

"Easy there, brother." Nicholas chuckles lowly beside me, his eyes gleaming with amusement, and it takes every ounce of self-control not to punch his smug face. Instead, I give him a tight nod before standing up.

The baby's laughter fills the cabin as Eriola plays peekaboo with her. A part of me longs to join them, to intertwine my fingers with hers and laugh alongside them. But reality is a cruel bitch and all I can do is watch from afar.

"Time to strategize," Jonathan's call brings me back to the task at hand - the mission. We all huddle around a table as he lays out our plan. My hands flex and twitch at my sides, yearning for the feel of cold steel, of blood splattering against my skin. We have scores to settle.

Eriola takes the baby to the bedroom at the rear of the plane, giving us men a chance to talk. I admire how subservient she is around Jonathan; she's exactly the type of wife I desire - one who is obedient and compliant. It wouldn't even matter to me that Eriola has a child; I would gladly impregnate her if given the opportunity.

We discuss our strategy, my mind wanders to the future; I envision Eriola with a bun in her belly, her stomach swollen and glowing. The baby would have my dark hair and Eriola's purple eyes just like her little girl Anya. A pang of longing shoots through me, reminding me that it will never be.

Dammit, man, focus on the mission! I scold myself harshly. We had an empire to rule and protectors to avenge. Gritting my teeth, I force my attention back to the task at hand. After the meeting, we all return to our seats. Eriola must have put the baby to sleep because she came out of the room without the child. The nanny, an elderly woman, was with them. Jonathan stood up and walked towards Eriola, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her close.

He then grabbed a handful of her ass, something I had been wanting to do. I watched as he pressed her against the wall and kissed her passionately; it was a display of love that I had never seen from a man, other than my own father towards my mother. It was clear that they loved each other deeply. As I watched, I couldn't help but wish that Eriola would look at me with that same intense passion.

After a two-hour flight, we landed in New York City and were immediately met with tight security. We all piled into SUVs and drove another two hours to Jonathan's mansion in the Hamptons. They had no idea what was coming for them. Revenge is best served cold, and we were ready to serve it up ice-cold.

As the mansion came into view, a chilling realization hit me: what is Marco and Arkady were already one step ahead of us? 

Dear Reader,

Thank you for diving into this exhilarating journey with us. As Jonathan and his companions navigate the treacherous path of revenge and redemption, each twist and turn brings them closer to the edge of danger. The stakes are higher than ever, and the tension will keep you on the edge of your seat.

Your support and engagement with this story mean the world to me. Your enthusiasm drives my passion for storytelling, and I am thrilled to share every heart-pounding moment with you.

Happy Reading!

Pagine D'Oro