Episode 54: Jonathan

Tonight, I shared a passionate moment with my stunning wife. As she peacefully slumbers in my arms, my mind wanders back to the events of the day. I am determined to keep my wife and daughter safe from harm; they mean everything to me, and I would do anything to protect them.

Even my men in New York are keeping an eye on my ex-wife and two sons, because their safety is just as important as Eriola's. They are all part of my family, and I will not let anyone take them away from me.

I glance over at the crib where our precious baby girl is sleeping. Anya is absolutely breathtaking, just like her mother. Slowly, I slide out of bed and slip into my boxers before stepping out onto the balcony overlooking the sprawling grounds of the Sterlings' property. It surprises me that Holden Sterling's family is also incredibly wealthy, just like mine.

But for now, I am a shattered billionaire seeking refuge in the home of what used to be my enemy but is now my ally. The night sky is mesmerizing with its twinkling stars against the dark backdrop. As my daughter begins to fuss, I head back inside and scoop her up, gently rocking her until she falls back asleep.

My little Anya has inherited her mother's beautiful curly hair, smooth chestnut skin, and striking purple eyes. At just eleven months old – she turned yesterday – I will do whatever it takes to ensure that she has a bright future ahead of her.

I tip toed back to the nursery and place Anya into her crib, brushing a gentle kiss on her forehead before I sneak out of the room again. Eriola is still fast asleep, oblivious to my brief absence. I crawl back into bed, enveloping her in my arms once more, and allow sleep to claim me both. I dream of a world where my family is safe and happy, free from the dangers that lurk around every corner.

The following morning, I wake to the sound of my wife's soft whimpers. She had been having bad dreams lately. I soothed her back to sleep, promising her that I will always protect her and our daughter. Today, Holden and I have a meeting with the our men. We need to discuss the alliance between our families, which could potentially bring peace to both sides and protect the ones we love most.

I believe we are still planning on going to New York this weekend, but we will have strict security measures in place. My wife is eager to visit her family. Eriola hasn't seen her parents or siblings since before she got pregnant with our daughter. As I get ready for the day, my thoughts are on keeping my family safe.

I can sense that our foes will put up a fight, but I am ready to do whatever is necessary to safeguard my loved ones. Holden has granted me use of an unoccupied office on the same level as our sleeping quarters. I head down to the office and find my trusted companion Vince already waiting for me.

"Good morning, Boss," he grins as a greeting. "Any news during the night?"

"Boss, our team is currently searching for Marco in Evergreen Valley. We believe he is hiding there. As for Arkady, we have eyes on him in New York. Do you want us to apprehend him?"

I let out a sigh of relief and take a seat at my desk, resting my head in my hands. "That's good news. Yes, have them grab him and bring him to our warehouse in Long Island." I pause for a moment before continuing, "Vince, I've been thinking about Eriola and Anya's security. With our trip to New York this weekend, we need extra precautions in place. Can you arrange for more guards and a bulletproof car for their transportation?"

Vince nods knowingly, "Understood, Boss. I'll make it happen. And don't worry, we'll also have the men take Arkady into custody immediately."

I add one more instruction, "But before they do that, have them conduct another 24-hour surveillance on Arkady. Let me know if he meets with anyone other than Marco. I don't want to take any chances when it comes to my family's safety."