Episode 42: Holden (The kiss!)

Holden & Eriola's Attractions is strong!

I can't believe Marco has the nerve to call me after nearly ruining our business with his embezzlement. That arrogant jerk, I swear. "Marco, don't play games with me. What do you know about Jonathan? Is there something I need to be aware of, or are you just trying to stir up trouble between us?" I confront Marco, frustration and anger evident in my tone.

"Holden, let's just say Jonathan isn't the person you think he is. You and him have been at odds in this industry for a long time. I used to work for him too, and he deals drugs. He's only in Evergreen Valley to expand his drug business into the city." Marco responds, breathing heavily.

I take a moment to process this information. Part of me doesn't want to believe it, but then again, we are talking about Jonathan. "If what you say is true, send me the proof. But if you're lying to me, your life will be over. Do I make myself clear?" I warn Marco.

"Crystal clear, Holden. I'll have one of my men send the evidence to your office within 24 hours. Talk to you soon." Marco says before hanging up. I'm not sure if he's telling the truth or not. I decide to call Alexander and Nicholas to discuss the situation in more detail. They join me in my office a few minutes later, taking seats across from me. It's crucial that we uncover the truth about Jonathan before it's too late. If he truly is involved in drug dealing, not only our companies but also our lives are on the line.

"So, what's this about Jonathan?" Alexander asks, eager to know what I've found out.

I mention to Nicholas about my recent phone call with Marco, the former employee we had to let go for embezzlement and fraud four years ago. Apparently, he contacted me and claimed that Jonathan might be involved in some questionable activities. Nicholas's expression turns pale upon hearing this news.

"What sort of activities?" Nicholas inquires, his voice indicating both disbelief and worry.

"Marco alleges that Jonathan is dealing drugs, Nick. He's tipped me off that he will send us some proof within the next 24 hours," I say, pushing my phone towards them to show them the message. "According to him, he used to be employed by Jonathan until recently. He claims that the reason for Jonathan's presence in Evergreen Valley is to establish his drug operations in our city. I can't believe he thinks we're naive enough to fall for that. We've known Jonathan for years and have never heard of him being involved in drug deals. He may be tough as nails, but drugs? I highly doubt it.

Alexander reclines in his chair, massaging his forehead with his hand as he ponders the troubling situation before them. "If this is true, we're in serious trouble. Jonathan is our main competitor in Evergreen Valley right now with this hotel business, so we need to make sure we have all of our evidence and ducks in a row before we accuse him. You and him are already at each other's throats over his wife. We don't need any more complications. Our top priority should be finishing these renovations pronto." Alexander's response is on point.

I take a deep breath and turn to Nicholas, "What do you think, Nick?"

"I think you're being an idiot, Holden, and you already know the answer. We all hate Jonathan; that's no secret. But dealing drugs? I highly doubt it. He's a billionaire for God's sake. Sure, he may have played dirty in business like us, but selling drugs? No way. Let's dig deeper and see what turns up. If we find nothing, then we can schedule a meeting with Jonathan and confront him about these accusations and see if he knows Marco." Nicholas responds with a stern expression on his face.

I know my brothers are absolutely right. If Marco got fired for embezzlement and fraud, then he's definitely lying about this too. "You're right. I'll wait for his so-called proof and then we'll go from there. I don't want to be the one who started a baseless rumor that might tarnish our family name even further. Thank you both for talking some sense into me." I sigh, deeply regretting ever listening to Marco in the first place.

"No problem, Holden. Just be careful next time, alright? We all know how protective you get when it comes to our family," Alexander says as he pats me on the back. I could feel my face flushing with embarrassment. They were right. I had let my emotions get the best of me, something I swore I'd never do.

I rise from my chair and make my way toward the window, gazing out at the sprawling city below. "Alexander, can you please send Eriola to my office when you return to the conference room?" I request.

"Of course, Holden. Just remember to keep your hands to yourself this time," he jokes. The sound of the door closing lets me know that both of my brothers have left. I take a deep breath, reminding myself to be respectful and keep my distance from Eriola.

A gentle knock on the door signals her arrival. "Come in, please," I say while still facing the window. My heart races as I anticipate her entrance. I catch her familiar scent even before she enters the room.'

The door closes softly behind her and she sighs before speaking. "Holden, you wanted to talk to me?" she asks.

"Yes, Eriola. Please take a seat," I reply while walking back to my desk and settling into my office chair. I need to maintain a professional demeanor at all times around her."I'm sorry for my behavior earlier, Eriola. I was out of line and I want to apologize. I promise it won't happen again. I had no right to come on to you, considering you are a married woman. I hope you can forgive me for my actions. My feelings haven't changed and I will continue to show you the utmost respect."

I feel a lump form in my throat as I speak the words, but I know it's the right thing to do. After a few moments of uncomfortable silence, Eriola speaks up. "Thank you for apologizing, Holden. I appreciate it. I know that it couldn't have been easy for you to say that." She pauses for a moment before continuing, "To be honest, the feeling is mutual. I admire you, but I am committed to my marriage with Jonathan."

I have a stunned expression on my face as she stands up and walks over to the large window overlooking the city. As I watch her, she speaks again. "I do have feelings for you as well Holden, but my love for my husband comes first." She confesses.

I join her by the window and gently hold her in my arms, surprised that she allows it. Eriola rests her head against my chest. "What is this attraction between us? Because I can't stop thinking about you. You're always on my mind, day and night." I tell her earnestly. "I know you love Jonathan, Eriola. Believe me, I have no intentions of breaking up your marriage."

Eriola pivots to face me, her stunning lavender eyes mirroring the agony she must be enduring. "I know you wouldn't. I trust you, Holden. We just need to find a way to work together without these... feelings getting in the way." She says, her voice barely above a whisper.

I nod in agreement and say, "We'll figure something out, Eriola. I give you my word." I pull her closer to me, kissing her neck gently as she lets out a soft moan.

A part of me knows this is wrong, but I can't help myself. After a pause, I lean in and press my lips to hers, gently biting her bottom lip. She responds eagerly, wrapping her arms around my neck. I press her against the window and continue kissing her passionately as if no one else exists. This is wrong, but right now, none of it matters.

Then, the door creaks open behind us.

Reader's Note,

Get ready to dive into a tale where desire and morality collide. The tension builds with every page, leading you to moments that will leave you breathless. Remember, in this story, nothing is as it seems, and every kiss may come with consequences. Enjoy the journey and hold on tight you're in for a ride!

Happy Reading!

Pagine D'Oro