Episode 36: Our engagement

Eriola's POV

When I arrived home, Jonathan had already put the baby to bed. He was supposed to pick me up, but instead, he sent his driver. That was fine with me because the driver mentioned that he was at home cooking and had asked him to come get me. As soon as I stepped inside, I noticed the soft glow of candles and rose petals scattered across the floor. I was in awe at his effort to show me how much he loved me.

"Go take a shower, sweetie, so you can get ready to eat the pasta I just made," he said with a slick smile.

So that's what I did, washing off the day's work in the shower before slipping into a cute little nightgown and some short heels to match. My natural curls cascaded down my back, and I added a touch of lip gloss before heading back into the kitchen where Jonathan had dimmed the lights and pulled out my chair. But when I sat down, I noticed him on one knee.

"What are you doing down there?" I asked, knowing exactly what this was about. My nerves were on edge.

Jonathan cleared his throat and took my hand, "Eriola, I love you more than anything in this world. You are the mother of our daughter and any future children we may have. I know I've caused you pain this past year, but you helped me change for the better. Going to counseling with you has shown me my mistakes and made me want to be a better man. So, with all of that said, will you do me the honor of being my wife?"

Tears welled up in my eyes as he opened a velvet red box containing a beautiful Tiffany Soleste Cushion-cut Yellow Diamond Halo Engagement Ring in Platinum - probably worth more than the shoes on my feet.

"Yes, Jonathan, I will be your wife and bear more of your children," I said kissing him as he slid the ring onto my finger. He stood up and pulled me up with him, kissing me softly on the lips. Tonight he was gentle and loving - a side of him that I adored.

Jonathan's lips left a red mark on my neck, but it felt so good that I couldn't help but moan in pleasure. "I love you," I whispered in his ear.

He held me even closer and whispered back, "I love you too, Sweet Girl. Tonight, I want to make love to you and make a baby with you. You make me a better man, Eriola. But before we do that, let's enjoy our dinner."

He kissed my forehead lovingly before pulling away and inviting me to sit at the table. We enjoyed a delicious chicken pasta with tomato sauce that he had cooked. I didn't even know he could cook so well. As we ate and talked quietly, our daughter slept soundly nearby. Seeing Jonathan in this light made me fall even more in love with him.

Jonathan's POV

God, she looks so stunning in this light. The candlelight makes her purple eyes shimmer. I can't get enough of Eriola; she's the love of my life. From the very first day I saw her, I knew she was meant for me. We had dinner, laughed, and talked more than we have in the past year. Yes, she fled New York to escape the stress I caused her. No woman should have to endure that kind of life. I'm deeply ashamed of how I treated her and how jealous I become.

I know Holden Sterling has feelings for Eriola, but it's not her fault that other men are attracted to her. We finish our meal, and I take care of the dishes. Eriola heads to our daughter's room to check on her and ensure she's alright. Once I'm done with the dishes, I find Eriola in our bedroom without her nightgown robe on.

Fuck, she's breathtaking. She spins around to face me as I stand in the center of the bedroom. The dim light plays across her skin, and her eyes shine with excitement and love—it's utterly mesmerizing.

"Eriola—you sweet, innocent soul—you can't fathom how much I desire you. How deeply I long to possess every part of you. When are you going to learn you belong to me?" I ask, my voice low and husky as I lean towards her. She takes a step back, hitting the wall behind her. Her breath hitches in surprise. "You're playing with fire, sweetheart."