Episode 49: Holden (Jonathan Motherfucking Covington Part 1)

This morning, Margaret calls me to inform me that Eriola won't be coming in to work due to a family emergency. Being the concerned person that I am, I immediately press the intercom and summon Chaz to my office. "Chaz, come see me now," I command.

"Right away, boss," comes his reply. Chaz is a reliable and competent employee who helps keep things running smoothly around here for me.

Chaz enters my office, I explain the situation to him. "Eriola won't be in today, family emergency. I need you to get some information on Eriola and Jonathan." I say. As I chat with Chaz, my receptionist's voice comes through the intercom.

Debbie inquires, "Mr. Sterling, there is a man accompanied by his bodyguards waiting in the lobby who wishes to speak with you. Would you like me to show them to your office?"

"What did they say it was about?" I ask.

"He didn't specify, sir. They just said it was urgent," she responds.

"Tell them to wait in the lobby. I'll be right out," I respond as I hang up the intercom.

"Chaz, carry on with the Eriola and Jonathan issue," I say, motioning my hand in a dismissive gesture. "I have some other pressing matters to attend to."

As I stride out of my office, I mentally prepare myself for the impromptu meeting. Who could it be and what could they possibly want from me? I wonder. I approach the lobby, I spot my sworn enemy, Jonathan Covington, surrounded by three menacing bodyguards. What does he want now? My guess is it has something to do with his wife. Fuck me. I make my way over to Jonathan, who has a cold expression on his face. Oh, he's trying to play tough guy. Well, two can play at that game.

"Jonathan motherfucking Covington, what brings you here?" I ask, smirking sarcastically. Two of my own bodyguards appear out of nowhere to flank me, just in case things turn ugly. Jonathan strides closer to me until we are standing face to face. Man to man.

"So Sterling, you thought it was okay to sleep with my wife yesterday. Didn't I warn you not to touch her or fuck her? She belongs to me, not you. So which part of my warning did you not understand?" He asks angrily. But I stand my ground, amused by this little temper tantrum.

"Well, yes you did warn me," I say with a chuckle. "But the thing about me is that I don't always follow rules or directions. I love Eriola and you don't deserve her. Consider yourself lucky that all I did was eat her sweet pussy. If I had actually fucked her, you would be in divorce court right now." My tone turns cold as ice. Before I know it, Jonathan swings his fist back and punches me in the face.

All hell breaks loose in the hotel as my men start fighting Jonathan's men, and we end up on the floor punching each other blow for blow. The fight is eventually broken up, and all I can hear is my brothers Alexander and Nicholas yelling my name. My hotel security guards pull up Jonathan while my brothers hold me back.

Jonathan glares at me, blood trickling from his lip. He struggles against the guards, shouting, "This isn't over! You have no idea what you've done!" We stand face to face, man to man.

"Oh, I know exactly what I've done," I say coolly. "And I'd do it again and again and fucking again if it meant having Eriola in my arms." With that, I straighten my suit, wipe the blood from my split lip with the back of my hand, and walk away with my head held high. Fuck him. He's not going to intimidate me. My heart still races from the adrenaline of the fight, but my determination to protect what's mine only grows stronger.

Dear Readers,

Hold on to your hats! The tension between Holden and Jonathan has reached a boiling point, and secrets are about to be revealed that will shake their world to its core. Keep reading to uncover the hidden truths and see how this explosive encounter unfolds. You won't want to miss what happens next!

Happy Reading!

Pagine D'Oro