60 ― the secrets we keep.

❝ her name is chae

her name is chae. ❞

CHAE WALKED INTO TOPANGA KARATE.

She filed in behind Kim Da Eun and Silver and the other Cobra Kai students. She held her hands folded behind her back, glancing around the dojo. In the short time that she had been in the Valley, Chae had spent the vast majority of it at the Cobra Kai dojo. Her mother and Silver insisted upon making sure that she knew that she was their secret weapon and took any means necessary to drill it into her head.

Chae glanced around the room, her eyes settling on one  girl in particular. She recognized her as Devon Lee, a former Eagle Fang student. Chae continued to look at her, causing Devon to raise one of her eyebrows in confusion.

"Terry, so good to see you," Topanga's sensei spoke as he stepped closer. "Class, gather 'round please."

The sound of the students' feet could be heard shuffling on the mat.

"I have a bittersweet announcement to make," he continued. "Sensei Terry Silver has made me a very generous offer and I'm proud to say Topanga Karate is now under new management. We're thrilled to be part of the Cobra Kai family."

That makes one of us, Chae thought to herself.

"Thank you, Sensei Rosenthal," Silver spoke before turning to address the students and walking around the room. "I'm sure you're all wondering what this means for the future of your dojo. Yes, there will be some changes. All for the better and I hope you don't mind your dues getting cheaper. You'll be given a new sensei."

Sensei Rosenthal's eyebrows knitted together.

"For today," Silver gestured towards Da Eun, "Sensei Kim and Sensei Hyan-Woo."

Silver and Rosenthal exchanged a hushed conversation before Silver addressed the Topanga students again. "Topanga Karate has spent the last few years taking losses left and right. That ends today. My new senseis will be molding you all into winners, just like our top students, Tory Nichols, and..."

Chae stood up straighter as Silver motioned his hand in her direction. "Sensei Kim's daughter, Kim Chae-Rin."

Tory and Chae stepped forward, exchanging a quick glance with each other.

"If you wanna be taught the best by the best, step up and take a gi from Sensei Odell," Silver said as Sensei Odell opened the box he held in his hands. "If you wanna quit, then at least take a complimentary thermos from Sensei Bacaria as my gift to you."

The students flocked towards Sensei Odell, taking a black Cobra Kai gi from the box.

"Nichols, you're with me," Silver said as he walked away from Sensei Rosenthal.