16 ― a series of complicated events.

❝ sounds complicated

sounds complicated. ❞

THE DEMO AT VALLEY FEST WAS A HIT.

Tons of new recruits had flocked to Cobra Kai, wanting to join the team. Achara sat next to Miguel on the mat, stretching her legs before practice. She was only half-listening to what Kreese was saying, but there was something about him that seemed off. There were certain things that he was saying that didn't quite add up. She exchanged a look with Miguel. There wasn't something about him that she didn't fully trust.

Miguel stood, challenging what he was saying. There was definitely something odd about him and judging from the expression on Decha's face, he thought so too.

Achara stood up when she heard Sensei Lawrence's voice from behind her.

"Listen up!" he shouted. "I see we've got some new recruits. "Everybody, fall in. In neat rows and lines."

Achara stood next to Miguel with Decha on her other side.

"Time to see what you're made of."

He made his way through the rows, observing the new recruits, poking the occasional insult at them. The twins turned their heads as Sensei talked to an older guy. At first, along with Sensei, they thought he was a parent, but he was actually there to take lessons.

"I thought my last group of recruits was pathetic," Sensei spoke, standing back at the front. "But if you do what I tell you to do, you'll at least have a chance of becoming a fighter. But to do that, you gotta fight. So, which one of you has the balls to take on the champ?"

The twins looked around, wondering who was going to volunteer. Nobody came forward. The older guy that Sensei had been talking to just moments before started to raise his hand, but a voice cut him off.

"I'll take him on."

Achara and Decha turned their heads in the direction of the voice to see a girl standing in the back of the dojo. She stood up straight, holding herself with confidence. Achara smiled. It'd be nice to have another girl around and a girl that held her head up high.

"Oh, you will, huh?" Sensei asked her.

"I saw your little demo at Valley Fest," she spoke. "You guys can put on a show. Can you actually fight?"

Achara found herself intrigued. She exchanged glances with Decha, seeing that he too was impressed with the go-getter attitude that the girl carried.

Sensei walked up to her. "That sounds like a challenge."

She looked him directly in the eyes, her confidence never faltering. "I like a challenge."

"Mr. Diaz," Sensei said, stepping away. "Show Little Miss Hotshot here what Cobra Kai is all about."