20 ― we're just getting started.

❝ make this other dude see what he's missing

make this other dude see what he's missing.

DECHA GOES LOOKING FOR TROUBLE.

He can't do anything right. He's such a screw up. He's never serious about anything or anyone. He'll never amount to anything. Decha only cares about himself. He doesn't care who he hurts. It all just repeated over and over in his head, all the things he's heard people say about him.

Decha wanted to scream. He just wanted the entire world to be quiet even if it was just for a few seconds. He needed a chance to breathe. He needed relief from the thoughts running through his mind. He needed to get away.

He spent so long just walking around the neighborhood, finally deciding to catch the last city bus of the night and get a ride up to the mini-mart near Cobra Kai. He stepped off the bus, making his way to the mini-mart. The bell jingled above his head as he stepped through the door. He didn't even think about it before he started to walk to the back of the store and grabbed a case of beer.

He walked up to the counter, placing the beer down and then opened his wallet, handing a fake ID to the man behind the counter. He grabbed it and looked down at it before glancing up at Decha. He handed it back, ringing him up. Decha thanked him as he walked out the door.

He sat down on the curb in front of the mini-mart, opening the case of beer and popping one open. He took a large swig, practically chugging the entire thing in one go. He threw the empty can to the ground before opening another one.

It had been so long since he had drunk heavily. Even on the night of the Canyon party, he'd only drank two cups. He knew that drinking wasn't going to solve his problems. It never did. But he didn't care as he kept drinking until empty beer cans surrounded his feet.

"Hey, man, are you okay?"

Decha turned his head at the sound of a voice behind him. It was Johnny Lawrence, his Sensei.

"Boyband?" Johnny asked.

Decha just stared at him, eyes slightly squinted, and eyebrows furrowed together.

"Hey, kid, is everything alright?" Johnny asked him, then he noticed the beer cans that littered the street next to the curb. "Jesus Christ, are you drunk?"

"No," Decha replied, his speech slurred.

"You drank..." Johnny counted the empty cans "...six cans of beer and you aren't drunk? Yeah, okay, come on kid, get up."

He lifted Decha up by his armpits. Decha stumbled, unable to keep his balance. Johnny grabbed him, preventing him from falling.

"Let's get you home," Johnny said, walking Decha to his car.

He helped him get into the front seat and then walked over to the driver's side.

"Where do you live?" Johnny asked him. "Hey, I said where do you li..."