Part 43

Taylor's POV

Harper came running into our room crying at about 4:30. I tried to pretend to sleep in hopes that she would go back to bed but she seemed upset. "Mommy, mama. Tay Tay." She cried while tapping my arm gently. I sighed and rolled over to look at her.

"Harper, go wake your sister up, mommy and daddy need some sleep." I told her. She whined a little and tried to climb up. She felt crying for me so I eventually gave in. "Okay I will help you calm down but then you go back to bed."

I picked her up and gave her some cuddles until she eventually calmed down and started looking sleepy again. I carefully picked her up and placed her on the floor. She gave me a look of betrayal before turning away and walking out.

Harpers pov

I didn't really want to sleep on my own so I made my way to Ellie's room. I reached up and opened the door quietly before sneaking in. I carefully climbed up onto her bed and poked her face. "Wakey wakey." I told her.

She looked at me and frowned a little checking the time. I watched as she pulled a corner of the covers back and opened her arms for me to get in and cuddle. I smiled and cuddled up to her before falling asleep by her.  Ellie gives good cuddles.

It's nice having a big sister.

Taylor's pov

I went into Harper's room to wake her up the next morning but she wasn't there. I just assumed she would be downstairs playing already since she's terrible at sleeping. I made my way to Ellie's room to let her know that I was making a start on breakfast but I was shocked to see Harper curled right up next to her.

"Awww, good morning you two." I told them as I made my way over to the blinds and opened them. "Time to get up." I told them. Harper huffed and reached over for me. I smiled and picked her up.

"How is my gorgeous baby this morning?" I asked her and she laughed a little. It's great parenting when you've actually had sleep. I hugged her then told Ellie that she also needs to get up and come downstairs. We all sat down at the breakfast table. I gave Harper some lucky charms and Ellie had the same as Travis and I.

"How come I ended up with your kid in my bed last night?" Ellie asked. I looked over at harper then Travis and let out a little giggle. I watched as Harper's face went from happy to grumpy.

"She had a nightmare and I told her to wake you up instead." I told her.

It was all a complete joke and I didn't actually expect Harper to have gone to her, especially not so soon. I don't think Harper was happy that I sent her away but it's time for her to sleep in her own bed and she also needs to get closer with Ellie anyway. Now that they know each other Ellie can visit more often.

By the looks of it Ellie didn't mind either though. While I had both of my children here I decided it would be best to take them to both get their teeth checked and get their checkups at the doctors. Even Though Ellie is 18 and doesn't need to and could get her own appointments made I decided to spring one on her anyway to make sure she's good before she goes back to college.

The doctors went fine and no one cried but Harper doesn't exactly like the dentist. Ellie went first to show her that everything is fine but that still didn't stop the screaming that we all had to endure when we put her down in the chair. She began to reach over for Ellie so I nodded to Ellie, letting her know that she can sit with her and hold her.

"It's okay, Harper, they won't touch your teeth, you're still just a baby, they will just look at them quickly and you will be fine." Ellie told her. Harper whimpered a little. My heart melted watching how Ellie was with her. Somehow she managed to get harper to stop crying, obviously she was still whiny but at least she wasn't screaming and trying to get away.

Once the dentist was done I picked Harper up and hugged her close, giving her lots of kisses. "Good girl, let's go get Starbucks yeah? You want a cake pop and a refresher?" I asked and she nodded now completely forgetting why she was upset. I just laughed and drove there. Travis had been out for the day and he would be out all evening so I had planned for us to have a girls night together.

Once we had dinner that night I picked out a movie and we all gathered in the kitchen. "Okay grab whatever snacks you want, I bought a lot and this is a rarity that I let you eat before bed so make the most of it." I told them. Ellie nodded and grabbed a few things but the whole time I was making popcorn harper just held up an apple to me.

"I will cut you up the apple, that's fine but do you not want anything else?" I asked and she shook her head. Apple slices of all snacks? Okay.

We got on the sofa and cuddled up in some matching pajamas that I managed to find and get delivered. We had lots of blankets so it was all cozy then we put frozen on. Ellie loves it, Harper loves it and I must admit it's a great film. As soon as harper had finished her apple slices I noticed her eyeing up Ellie's snacks.

"Harper you can go get some chocolate if you want some. You know where it is." I told her. She nodded and ran into the kitchen to grab some. Eventually she returned with a big smile on her face.

After the movie we decided to have a dance party and sing a little. I didn't even care that it was past Harper's bedtime, it's been my dream to do this with my kids for so long.

It's safe to say that we all passed out on the sofa after a night of movies, singing and dancing. Travis came in later on and woke me up and I laughed a little at the mess. There were snacks all over the floor and all the furniture had been moved to make a dance floor. I don't care though. We had so much fun.

A/N

Thank you so much for reading I hope you enjoyed it!

Please leave lots of comments I love reading them and if you have any requests let me know!