Part 27

Taylor's pov

Travis and I were laying in bed a few weeks later cuddled up watching tv. We had both gotten up and eaten breakfast but ended up straight back in bed to just relax. This was how we had been spending a few days each week since everything that had happened with Harper. This was the first time it was just me and Travis in the morning though as harper had been staying in our bed, this was the first time that she had slept in her own room for the full night too and slept in. I took this as an opportunity to ask Travis something I had been desperate to ask him.

"Travis, would you kill me if I took Harper to get her ears pierced?" I asked. He paused for a moment of silence. Then he replied.

"Yes I would."

Oh.

I nodded a little and petted Benjamin, dropping the subject. I had a full day with Harper as Travis had training scheduled for 11am and I really wanted to take her to get them done. I guess I'll just have to deal with Travis being mad. I noticed his suspicious expression while he looked at me but I just smirked a little then turned back to the tv.

Eventually Travis left and I went to wake Harper up. 10:30am is really late for her to still be asleep, normally she is in our room by 4am and we have her up at 7am when our bodies wake us up. It didn't take too long to get her ready as she must have been feeling easy today and clearly didn't want to give me a hard time.

I explained that we were going to get breakfast on the way and that we were going somewhere really special so that must have got her excited. I also informed her that if she is really well behaved all day that I will let her do something that Travis said she isn't allowed to do and she won't get in trouble for it. She likes to break rules so to give her a rule to "break" and not get yelled at for if she's good means that she works for that.

I got something small for Harper for breakfast from Starbucks on the way to the mall. She had got into the habit of having a cake pop every time I stopped for coffee too so I allowed her to get one of those also. I don't want her to fill up too much with it being so close to lunch time but I also wasn't going to let her starve.

"Okay so we're going to go see a very special doctor okay? Not one who will use needles or anything they're just going to talk about the foods you like and don't like. Then we can go shopping and if you're really good you can get your ears pierced." I told her. She got really excited about shopping. I smiled a little and made my way to the nutritionist where we were booked in for 12.

The chat with the nutritionist went well, they agree that harper is definitely way too small for her age and that her diet isn't healthy for her so they gave us a special drink and some special gummies that she needs once a day to give her better nutrients. She seemed to be getting a bit fed to and frustrated by the end if the appointment and as I was getting her in the car she started kicking me. "Harper we won't go shopping if this behavior continues. Please can you tell me what's wrong?"

I watched as her head dropped and she fell into silence. Clearly she wanted to go shopping but at the same time she was just very unhappy to drive there. I stayed at her side for a few more minutes waiting for a response. "Are you going to tell me or do you want me to guess?" I asked.

"Hunwy an sleepy." She mumbled, grabbing her bear and cuddling up with it. I nodded a little and reached over her to grab a blanket. As I did this I felt her little hand reach up and grab onto my necklace. I smiled at her a little and tried to get her to let go.

"Let go sweetie and use your words to tell me what you want. This tells me nothing." I told her gently, brushing some hair out of her face and handing over the blanket. She let go and looked down sadly. She really wasn't up for speaking at all.