Part 42

Taylor's POV

I could recognise that voice from anywhere, my Ellie. My head shot up and there she was with a suitcase. My jaw dropped and I ran over pulling her into the tightest hug ever. It was a matter of seconds before I was a crying mess. When I pulled away I noticed she had also let a few tears slip. "Hi mom," she whispered through sniffles.

"How? How did you get here?" I asked and she giggled a little before pointing to Travis. I turned around to him and he gave me a little wave. I smiled at him before turning to Ellie.

"Well we need a chat mom, but first, where's my little sister?" She asked me. I looked down at the mention of Harper, she still hadn't come out of her play room to talk to me. I pointed to the play room and led her over.

"Harper, come here for a second. I need you to meet someone." I told her. She looked over and nodded a little, standing by my side. I saw her look up at Ellie in confusion. I placed my hand on Harper's back.

"This is Ellie, I know you haven't met her yet but Ellie actually lives here with us. So we adopted Ellie before we got you but she has been at college. She's kind of like your big sister." I explained. Ellie gave her a little wave but Harper just stared at her for a while. I watched Harper turn to me.

"Sister?" She asked. I nodded and picked her up but she looked very hesitant. In a way I think she was a bit hurt that we hadn't told her sooner. I gave her a few minutes to think while I told her who Ellie is and how she is her sister, even though she is young it's better to tell the truth than not.

"Hey why don't you see if Ellie wants to play?" I asked her and she shrugged. I think she had gotten a bit shy. Ellie smiled at her and reached out to give her a hug. Harper was hesitant but she still went for one anyway. Ellie managed to convince her to go play so I went over to Travis.

"Thank you, I needed this." I told him and he laughed a little. It's true, I had been missing her a lot. Eventually Ellie joined us. I looked around confused as to where my other child was.

"Oh, Harper went to bed she said she was tired." Ellie told me and I nodded, I didn't quite believe her but when I went to check she actually was in bed asleep. I laughed a little and tucked her in. I then went to Ellie and Travis.

"Okay, what's with this desperate desire for a baby? As far as I know, all that babies do is cry and scream and eat. You don't want that. Besides you've got me and you've got Harper. No babies!" Ellie told me. I laughed a little bit until I remembered about the whole pregnancy thing. Then I started to cry again.

Ellie came over and cuddled up to me. "Don't cry mom, you don't need one and now just wasn't the time." She added. I found Travis now behind me hugging me. I felt him kiss the top of my head and I looked up and smiled. Between the two of them they really do know how to cheer me up. Travis grabbed me a glass of wine while Ellie and I both got in our pajamas and some blankets.

We all cuddled up on the sofa, Ellie's head was resting in my lap while I gently played with her hair subconsciously. I was tucked into Travis' side sipping my wine and watching the tv. Soon enough we could hear little footsteps. I turned to the doorway where I could see harper crying and chewing her hand. I asked what was wrong but she wouldn't give me any clear answer.

"Hand out of your mouth baby, tell me what's wrong so that I can help." I told her. She came over and stood in front of me. I gently got hold of her arm and pulled her hand out of her mouth. She started crying but now with volume. She was staring at Ellie who was fast asleep, head still in my lap. I think she wanted to be held.

"Shh, it's okay, come here. Just watch that you don't stand on Ellie." I told her, while opening my arms. She reached over for me, desperate for some much needed comfort. I lent forward a little and picked her up. In order to not disturb Ellie by moving her I just carefully cradled Harper in my arms like a little baby.

I kept her close and tried to reassure her the best that I could. She asked for her pacifier a few times but I stayed strong and refused. This did cause a lot of screaming. Eventually Ellie woke up from all of the noise, she went off to her room so I moved Harper to lay against my front. "Mommy... I.."

"Harper I'm right here, nothing is going to happen. How about I come lay with you in your bed?" I asked her. She continued to scream and cry. "Noo I want a bottle and paci." She cried but I stayed persistent.

"Harper, you can go in your bed alone or I can come and lay with you but those are your options and your only options." I told her. I wanted to stay gentle but I also wanted her to know that I was being stern. She cried and just cuddled closer, eventfully calming her cries.

I smiled in success as I got up to take her back to her room but Travis' hand stopped me. "I'll take her. You need to relax Taylor." Travis told me. I looked at Harper who wrapped her arms tighter around my neck. "Harper is it okay if daddy ticks you in or do you want me?" I asked her.

"Mommy and daddy." She told me so I looked over at Travis and started walking to her room. Travis followed along. I put her down in bed and gave her a kiss and said good night. Travis made sure she was all cozy under the covers while I got her stuffed animals and her blankies that were thrown in random areas of the house.

As I got back to her room Travis was saying goodnight to her. "Right Miss Harper, Billy bear was taking an empty bath? What on earth was he doing in the bath tub?" I asked her. I put them all next to her then held up billy bear. She giggled a little and reached up for him so I passed him over to her and shook my head playfully. We both knelt down beside her bed while she got comfortable.

"Do you want one of us to stay sitting here until you're asleep?" I asked and she nodded. She then claimed she needed us both to stay so I moved over and sat in Travis lap so that I wasn't on the hard floor. He laughed a little but I placed my hand on top of harpers and stayed with her. Travis had one arm around me and the other placed at the top of Harper's head so she knew that he was still there too. Everything seems to be getting better. Finally.

A/N

I hope you enjoyed this update, let me know what you think!

Please leave lots of comments I love reading them and if you have any requests let me know!