1

September 22, 1937

Late at night, the sea breeze was blowing, and the masts on the ship were rustling in the wind, making a lot of noise. A full moon was hanging high in the sky, reflecting the clear sea water above. It was already late at night, and most people on the ship had fallen asleep, but some cabin lights were still on.

In a room in the first-class cabin, a young man was sitting at a desk by the window, with a book in front of him. The book was not opened, and the three big characters "Das Kapital" were on the cover. The young man didn't seem to want to read the book, but just propped his chin with his hand, with a faint smile on the corner of his mouth, looking out the window, but there was nothing in his eyes, and there was no focus, as if his thoughts were wandering in the sky.

The door of the cabin was knocked with two "dong dong" sounds. The young man was awakened and quickly withdrew his hand and looked at the door. He frowned slightly and looked at the watch on his hand. It was already ten o'clock in the evening. Who would come at this time?

The person outside the door seemed to know that the person inside seemed to be still awake. There were three more "dong dong dong" sounds, and he did not mean to give up.

The young man thought for a while, stood up, walked to the door, and said suspiciously, "Excuse me, who is it?"

"Hello? Haven't rested yet? I am Ji Xiu." A familiar voice came from outside the door. The man was certain and opened the door directly. It was indeed someone he knew outside the door. This person was one of his classmates in M ​​country. They were like-minded people, and they were now on the ship returning to China.

"Ji Xiu, I haven't rested yet, come in first!"

Li Zhuoxing let the person into the room, and the two sat on the reception chair in the room.

"Zhuoxing, we will be able to return home in about ten days!" The man named Ji Xiu seemed a little emotional.

"Almost."

Ji Xiu hesitated, "Zhuoxing, what are your plans for going back this time? Are you really going to join the army?"

"Yes." Li Zhuoxing answered very confidently, without a trace of hesitation.

"But uncle and aunt..." Ji Xiu unconsciously tapped his hand at the back of his clothes, "Why don't we go back and take a look first? Isn't your pharmacy still waiting for you to take over? Isn't curing diseases and saving lives also contributing to our country?" After saying that, he looked at Li Zhuoxing with expectation, and his feet unconsciously stretched out a step forward.

"There is no need to talk about the pharmacy and my elder brother. I have decided to join the 11th Army."

Then he asked the other party, "What about you?"

"I have received the appointment report from the Secretary of the National Government Committee. I will report it when I go back this time." He looked at the other party a little embarrassedly, as if he was a little ashamed of what he said. His eyes drooped, his hands unconsciously pinched the corners of his clothes, his voice unconsciously lowered at the back, and even the foot that was stretched out before was retracted.

"Okay." Li Zhuoxing nodded, smiling calmly, as if he was not surprised by this matter.

"Then... Then I'll leave first." The man must have been embarrassed to stay any longer, and stood up to leave.

Li Zhuoxing didn't stop him, nodded and sent the man out.

Before leaving, the man named Ji Xiu bowed deeply to Li Zhuoxing again, and then left quickly without waiting for Li Zhuoxing to react.

Li Zhuoxing smiled and didn't care. He took up arms just because of anger. After the anger faded, more people would choose the direction that was beneficial to them, and fewer people would move forward bravely. This was just one of the majority of people. This time he came here just to find an accomplice to find peace of mind.

After closing the door, he turned off the lamp on the table, and then lay down on the bed and fell asleep. It was late, and he was not in the mood to continue reading, so he went to sleep.

The house was quiet. Outside the window, the full moon was slowly surrounded by dark clouds. Heavy rain came with the wind. The previously calm sea surface was like a quilt being lifted up by someone, hitting the side of the ship. The wind was getting stronger and stronger, thunder and lightning were flashing in the sky, and the waves were getting bigger and bigger, as if they were about to overturn the ship.

At this time, many people had woken up, and screams, roars, and cries were heard one after another. Many of the crew members who were still on the deck ran away, and the rest also held on to the things around them tightly, otherwise they would be blown away by the wind and waves immediately. The wind got stronger, and the mast on the ship was broken at the waist and fell heavily on the ship. The next second, a ten-meter-high wave submerged the entire ship. When the wave passed, the ship, which was still struggling to hold on, had already capsized.

Some people were trapped in the cabin because of this sudden storm, and very few people fell into the water. Some of them floated hopelessly in the sea water and wanted to call for help, but unfortunately there was sea water all around, so it was just a futile effort. Some of them clung to the driftwood around them, trying to get out of the water, but unfortunately, there was another big wave the next second, and all the people and things were submerged again until they disappeared...

Disappeared...

July 15, 1975

Li Chengye lay with his head up in a dense forest on the southwestern border, and his consciousness slowly recovered. The feeling of being overturned by the waves was really uncomfortable. He seemed to still have a feeling of weightlessness in his mind, making him think he was still floating on the sea. However, the touch under his body told him that he was now on land, and he didn't know if he was washed up on that deserted island by the waves.

He slowly opened his eyes, and all he saw were tall trees. He was trapped in a shallow pit, and branches and fallen leaves covered him, almost burying him. He exhaled with difficulty, and the pain in his chest that never stopped made him clearly understand that his lungs must have been injured. He wanted to check his body, but unfortunately he couldn't even move his hands at this time.

He held on to his breath and tried to struggle, but unfortunately it didn't work, and only made his body weaker. He rolled his eyes with difficulty, and the sunlight shone through the gaps between the treetops, and some of it fell on his face. He smiled a little self-deprecatingly, how lucky he was to be able to survive such a big wave. However, on this deserted island, he could only breathe a few more times without the ability to move, but he still had the same fate as the others.

He closed his eyes in frustration. From day to night, the pain and hunger made his body feel more and more sluggish, and the consciousness in his mind seemed to be about to dissipate...

In the night, several figures moved carefully, and their feet landed on the ground very lightly. The leader seemed to be stumbled, but he quickly stabilized his body. Thinking of the touch on his feet, he quickly pulled away the fallen leaves on the ground.

"Captain, there is someone here..."

Hearing his voice, several people behind hurried up.

"She's still alive, and seems to be one of our people..."

"Take her back first, and contact her superiors to confirm her identity after we get back..."

"Yes."