31

"Master Zhang, did you come here from house to house?" Li Chengye had only played chess with them once, so there was no need to run to their house just to play chess.

"Yes, I have been looking for her all morning!" Master Zhang said this with a little bit of frustration in his heart. After all, he had met the eldest sister of the Li family many times. He was not a bad person, but he actually avoided him and never told him where he lived, causing her to look for him for so long.

"Why don't you come in and sit for a while?" After looking for so long, Li Chengye couldn't send him away. Besides, he looked a bit old, so he had to respect the old man. Besides, they were all people living nearby, so it was better to be friendly.

"No, no, it's almost time for dinner, and my wife is waiting for me at home!" Today is Mid-Autumn Festival, how can I sit in someone else's house? Besides, he has already inquired about it. The eldest sister of this family is a widow, so it's not easy for him to go in.

"Come over later in the evening, or the same seat as last time!" Old man Zhang finally said the purpose of his coming here today. To put it bluntly, he wanted to play chess, and his heart was itching.

"Okay, I'll come over in the evening!" Li Chengye hasn't played chess for a long time. He was very busy some time ago. Now he has time, so he agreed directly.

"Okay, okay, then I'll wait for you! You must come!" Zhang Da Ye was very happy to get a positive answer, but he still confirmed it with Li Chengye again.

Li Chengye nodded earnestly, "I'll definitely go."

"Okay, okay, then I'll go first, you must come!" Grandpa Zhang left with a smile, his back was full of vigor, as if he was ready for a big fight at night, and he was definitely an old man in his sixties.

Li Chengye watched him leave and returned to the field, only to see that Xiaobei had stopped weeding and was looking at him stealthily. When he was discovered, he quickly turned his head and pretended to work again. Xiaoxi, on the other hand, still looked straight ahead, with no sign of laziness at all.

When Li Chengye walked past Xiaobei, he deliberately stopped in front of him, which scared the little guy so much that he almost jumped up. He showed a face like a little cat and smiled stupidly at Li Chengye.

"Work hard!" After all, he was still a little kid, so Li Chengye couldn't say much, he could only smile helplessly, and then he went to work by himself.

Li Chengye had a good idea, it wasn't very tiring to weed, and it could also exercise the children, but it was a pity that the children had a grandmother to take care of the yak. ​​When Li's mother finished cooking and found the yard, her face immediately fell.

The two children's faces and bodies were covered with dirt, not only that, Xiaobei also had small bubbles on his hands, which were blisters from grinding.

"You black-hearted man, you are willing to let such a young child work." Li's mother was so angry that she chased Li Chengye and slapped him on the back several times. Although she said she was chasing, Li Chengye didn't move. He didn't know that the child's hands were so tender, and he beat his son so hard that blisters appeared on his hands.

"Mom, I just took them out for some fun. This is also a way to exercise them." Li Chengye explained, but unfortunately, Li's mother couldn't hear his explanation at this time. After hitting her several times, she went to check her grandson's hand.

Seeing his grandmother like this, Xiaobei looked a little anxious and tried to explain, "Grandma, I don't feel any pain. Don't hit Dad." He puffed up his little face, which was full of "I don't feel any pain. I am very strong."