10

Menjiang County is rich in mineral resources, especially iron ore, so a medium-sized steel plant and a mine were built in the county very early. Relying on these two plants, the county government had relatively sufficient funds, and later established textile plants, garment plants, machinery plants and the like.

Of course, the scale of these plants is incomparable to that of the steel plant. This time, Li Chengye was very lucky to be able to enter the steel plant. You know, the steel plant has the best welfare benefits in the county.

Li Chengye used to study in high school in the county town, so he was very familiar with the route to the county town. He arrived at the county town smoothly. It was already half past eight, the time for people to go to work. There were people coming and going on the street, and many of them were riding bicycles. Li Chengye walked for nearly three and a half hours. Although the original owner was in good health, he was really tired. He wiped the sweat from his forehead.

Life is really two kinds of opportunities. In the past, he was always picked up and dropped off by car when he went out. He never walked for such a long time. He sighed and walked towards the steel plant according to his memory.

The steel plant area is very large. When he found the door, another quarter of an hour had passed. At this time, the gate of the steel plant was open, and a bustling crowd of people rushed in. However, the management of the steel plant is still very strict, and everyone must show their certificates before entering.

Li Chengye followed the crowd and walked inside. He was holding a report notice, so he entered the factory smoothly. The gatekeeper also enthusiastically told him the direction of the Labor and Wages Office.

The steel plant is quite large. As soon as Li Chengye entered, he saw black smoke coming out of the factory building in the distance. There should be a blast furnace there. When going to the Labor and Wages Department, Li Cheng also took a look at the environment of the steel plant. The factory building here is still very large, and workers come and go inside.

After a while, he arrived at the door of the Labor and Personnel Department. It was a simple office of about 20 square meters with six desks. But there were only three people inside, one man and two women. One of the men was older, probably in his 40s, and was reading a newspaper with a teacup. The other two were much younger and were writing something at their desks. The three of them were very focused and did not notice Li Chengye.

Li Chengye knocked on the door frame a few times with his hand, and when the people inside looked over, he said politely: "Hello, I'm here to report." After that, he walked in.

The older man put down the newspaper and teacup in his hand and said to Li Chengye nonchalantly: "You are here to report. Come over here. Have you brought your registration form?"

Hearing him speak, the other two men buried their heads in their own work.

"I have." Li Chengye walked to the man's desk and put all the necessary documents on his desk.

The man took it and looked at it casually. After seeing Li Chengye's details, his attitude became more serious. He looked up and said in surprise: "Wow, you are a retired soldier, and you are still a high school student?"

The man's surprise was not without reason. There were many high school students and professional soldiers here, but there were not many people who had two identities. The other two people on the side also looked at Li Chengye in surprise. Li Chengye smiled and said nothing.

The man didn't care about his reaction. He was a trade union official, and they might have to deal with each other in the future. He took out a document from the drawer and put it on the table. "Fill in the information. I'll do the formalities for you now."