47

Li Chengye, who had already returned home, naturally didn't know Gao Changxue's dark thoughts, let alone the big troubles he would face in the future. On the way home from the library, he was struggling with how to tell Li's mother that he had met Hu Xiuqin today.

It seemed that the two people would be in their county for a long time in the future. This county was not very big, and the chances of the two parties meeting were still very high. One day, Li's mother would meet the former daughter-in-law whom she thought she would never see again in her life. This matter must not be kept secret.

He was thinking about how to do this in his heart, and slowly the door of his yard appeared in front of him. The door was open, and laughter came from inside from time to time. It was very lively, and it didn't look like only Li's mother was at home. He walked in quickly, and saw several familiar old men sitting on stone benches in the yard, fiddling with the chessboard on the table. It was as intense as if they were under the tree they often went to.

Li Chengye almost thought he had gone to the wrong place, but the two children standing between them, tiptoeing to look at the chessboard, told him that he had not gone to the wrong place, this was his home. And the stone table and chairs were something he had just brought back recently, so he couldn't have gone to the wrong place. However, he didn't see Li's mother, it was past lunch time, and he had been delayed in the department store for a long time, and it was already past one o'clock.

While Li Chengye was in a daze, the people inside had already noticed him. They were very happy to see him back, especially Master Zhang, who thought he had the best relationship with Li Chengye among all the people. When he saw him, he immediately flicked the chessboard in front of him, and the chessboard immediately became a mess.

"Chengye, you are back. I heard that you are resting today, but we have been waiting here for a long time." Master Zhang didn't care about the glare of Master Zhou opposite him, and walked to Li Chengye with a smile and pulled his arm, just like pulling him to the chessboard.

Li Chengye was also very helpless. He had never thought that these people would bring the chessboard directly to his house. He was very busy these days, mainly because Secretary Chu stayed in the factory until very late. Naturally, he couldn't leave early, so he had no time to go to the old place to play chess with these masters. Thinking of this, it's no wonder that they couldn't help but run over.

"Master Zhang, there's no need to rush. Why don't you play two games by yourselves first, and I'll come over later." Li Chengye was holding the clothes he bought for Li's mother and the books he borrowed from the library. The most important thing is that he is hungry, he wants to eat!

Master Zhang and his men came over as soon as Li Chengye left. It can be said that they had waited for a long time, and even ate casually. Now that he had come back, how could they bear to let him go? Master Zhou also came over, and the two of them pressed him to sit on the side of the chessboard.

Master Zhang said with a look of imperviousness: "Let's play a game first, and then you can rest."

Master Zhou also nodded repeatedly, "Yes, yes, let's play a game first."

The remaining two old men also came over and surrounded Li Chengye. Li Chengye had no way to leave, let alone use force. These were all retired old men with fragile bones. If he accidentally used too much force and something happened, he would not be able to bear the responsibility.

While Li Chengye was thinking about how to get out, an angry person strode out of the house. She was holding a hoe in her hand, which was covered with mud. It was obvious that she had just come from the field. "You old men are so crazy, right? Our Chengye hasn't eaten yet. Why are you so anxious? Hurry up and let him go, or get out of here."