78

"Brother, Dad, hurry up! Hurry up!" Xiaobei had already run to the place and was rushing them here anxiously.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." Xiaoxi responded and quickened her pace in cooperation.

Li Chengye unrolled a roll of firecrackers in his hand and put it on the ground, "Wait a minute, I'll go get some fire." Xiaobei ran a little fast, so he forgot to get some fire to light the firecrackers.

"I'll go, I'll go, Dad, you're too slow." Xiaobei was so anxious that he ran into the house.

"No need for you." Li Chengye didn't dare to let him get something so dangerous, so he quickly followed him in, leaving Xiaoxi staring at the firecrackers on the ground.

After a while, Li Chengye came out with a branch that was emitting sparks, holding Xiaobei in his hand. Xiaobei was still moving around, trying to grab the branch from Li Chengye, "Dad, let me do it, let me do it."

Li Chengye restrained his moving body and said sternly: "Be quiet, don't do anything rash. These firecrackers are very dangerous, be careful not to blow up your hands."

But Xiaobei seemed to be unaware of fear, and still refused to give up with a smile, "Dad, let me do it, I want to set off firecrackers."

"Xiaobei, you have to listen to Dad." Xiaoxi hurried over and held his brother's hand.

Maybe because the two brothers have been together all the time, they have a very good relationship, and Xiaobei listens to his brother the most. When he heard his brother speak, Xiaobei pouted, although he was unhappy, but he still gave up the attempt to grab the things in Li Chengye's hand.

"Good boy." Seeing this, Xiaoxi smiled and touched his brother's head. However, they were almost the same height, so he had to stand on tiptoe to touch his head, which looked very cute.

As the only old father who saw this scene, Li Chengye was both relieved and jealous. The two brothers were still closer.

"Okay, you stay away. I'm going to set off firecrackers." The firecrackers were very powerful now, and Li Chengye quickly pulled the two children away.

"Set off firecrackers! Set off firecrackers!" Xiaobei was already happy at this time. He and his brother held hands and went behind the door of the yard, with only two white and tender smiling faces showing.

"Here they come! Be careful!" Li Chengye brought the sparking branch close to the fuse of the firecracker. The fuse was a bit long, so to prevent it from getting wet by the snow, Li Chengye put something underneath. As soon as he saw the fuse was lit, Li Chengye hurried over to Xiaoxi and Xiaobei, who were hiding behind the door.

As soon as Li Chengye ran in, the firecrackers started to "crack". "Okay, let's go in now. It's time to eat." Li Chengye said as he was about to close the yard door.

"Dad, wait until the firecrackers are all set off before you leave." Xiaobei grabbed Li Chengye's pants, as if he didn't want him to close the door.

"Why?" Li Chengye was a little confused.

"Well, Xiaobei wants to pick up unlit firecrackers!" Xiaoxi explained quickly. This is something many children like to do. In this era, not many parents will buy firecrackers for their children, so many children go to pick up unlit firecrackers. There are often some firecrackers like this that are not lit, and children nowadays are brave and not afraid at all.

"What do you want that for? Dad bought you two firecrackers. Let's go eat first." Li Chengye keenly noticed the expectation in Xiaoxi's eyes. He had no choice but to tell them what he had prepared in advance. He originally planned to tell them after dinner. Forget it, it's okay now.