100

Xu Liu came back, and her life got back on track. She went back to school the next day and moved her luggage to the dormitory. She never lived in Li's house again, except for visiting Li's mother and eating.

The matter of Xu Liu was over, and Li Chengye focused on his studies. Although he was busy with his studies, Li Chengye did not forget to pay attention to the current political and economic situation. You know, since the end of January 1978, Huaguo has held many large-scale meetings to discuss various aspects of economy, politics, technology, and education.

The Flower Kingdom is now like a boat, and it is still uncertain which direction to go. Past experience tells them that copying Soviet policies is no longer feasible, but there is nothing that can guide them where the future lies.

From March 18 to 31, 1978, the National Science Conference was held in the capital. The conference explained the status and role of intellectuals and emphasized the importance of science and technology.

In April 1978, large-scale activities to rectify chaos and correct mistakes began to be carried out in an all-round way. The draft of accelerating industrial development was proposed.

From the end of April to mid-May 1978, the National Education Work Conference was held, and education work was highly valued.

On May 11, 1978, the article "Practice is the only criterion for testing truth" was published in the Capital Daily, which triggered a lot of comments. Countless people published their articles and speeches around this topic.

...

As the first university in Huaguo, Capital University is the place where young talents gather the most and where ideas burst out the most. Naturally, there are discussions everywhere.

"Hey, Brother Li, there will be a debate in the School of Social Sciences later. I heard that several famous professors will go back to participate. Do you want to go and see it?" Li Chengye and his friends had just finished a day's class and were eating in the cafeteria. The final exam was coming soon, so Li Chengye did not go home these days and stayed in the school.

"Forget it, I won't go. I have to go to the library later in the evening, so I won't get involved in this matter." Li Chengye was not very interested. This issue has been debated many times, all about that article. Now the overall situation is almost one-sided, and there is no point in going. It is better to go to the library to read books. He wants to take more courses next semester and try to graduate early.

Four years is too long. He doesn't want to waste it like this. Even if he can't graduate early, he has to try to participate in some social practice in advance.

Yao Jiming was a little disappointed with Li Chengye's answer, "No way, today must be very exciting, and many female students from the Faculty of Arts have been there, you really don't want to go?" Yao Jiming is now at the age of finding a partner, and their class in the Faculty of Economics is all boys, which makes him very disappointed.

He had no choice but to look at Sun Liguo who was silent, "Hey, Sun Liguo, do you want to go with me?"

Sun Liguo just shook his head violently, without any hesitation.

Li Chengye smiled helplessly: "Okay, go by yourself." Yao Jiming's purpose is very clear, but he doesn't need to find a partner, so he doesn't waste time. Sun Liguo is only 17 years old, and the girls in the school are almost all older than him, so there is no need for him to go.

"Okay!" If he didn't go, Yao Jiming couldn't force him, so he had to give up.

These days, their dormitory 401 was divided into two groups. The three educated youths who had families and were all from other places had more topics to talk about, and they always went in and out together. Li Chengye brought two other people from the capital to form a group. They had no experience of going to the countryside, and now they were at home in the capital, so they could be together more.