86

"Okay." Li Chengye agreed immediately. Li's mother's kitchen knife had been used for many years and it was indeed time to change it.

After talking to Li's mother, Li Chengye returned to the steel plant. There were still many things to do, so he had to continue to watch it with Master Qian.

Master Qian and Li Chengye took turns watching it all night. They took a break in the office when they had nothing to do. Soon the April sky was bright. When Li Chengye and his friends finished breakfast and returned to the workshop, the sintered ore had already been smelted in the blast furnace. Under the action of hot air and coke, the sintered ore turned into molten iron and desulfurized.

"Hurry up, the molten iron is coming out, is the converter ready? We will start smelting steel soon." Master Qian looked at the status of the blast furnace and immediately shouted to the people behind him.

"No problem, the temperature is enough, and the oxygen is ready." The team leader in charge of the converter immediately responded. They have been waiting for a long time.

"Here it comes!" With Master Qian's voice, the molten iron was poured into the rotary furnace, and someone added an appropriate amount of quicklime, and then someone inserted an oxygen spray gun from the top of the furnace into the furnace. These oxygens are high-pressure oxygen flows with relatively high concentrations. Once they enter the furnace, the molten iron at high temperature will undergo a rapid oxidation reaction, removing the sulfur and phosphorus in the molten iron. After several processes, the molten iron will become molten steel.

As time goes by, the temperature and composition of the molten steel meet the requirements. The furnace slowly tilts, the molten steel is poured out and enters the ladle, and some deoxidizers and other ingredients are added. After the molten steel is qualified, it can be cast into castings and ingots. These are steel blanks, which are generally sent to the rolling mill for rolling.

However, their steel mill has its own rolling workshop, so it can be processed directly in the factory. These processed steel materials will be sent to various machinery factories or some other factories in need.

Li Chengye and Master Qian watched every step behind them. When the furnace was turned on, Secretary Chu led many people over. They were the people from yesterday. When they heard that Li Chengye's workshop produced steel the fastest, they all came over.

However, these people were still quite sensible. They just stood aside and watched, and did not disturb Li Chengye and his busy work. Secretary Ning and his team did not mean to ask Li Chengye to come over today. Once he came, he let him focus on his own work.

When the first batch of steel blanks came out, many people were excited. Secretary Ning and his team stared at that direction with wide eyes, but because there were many people gathered there, they could not see anything from here.

However, it didn't take long, and soon the processed steel blanks were transported to the planned place.

Secretary Ning couldn't help it, "Secretary Chu, let's go over and take a look. There's no need to invite them, they should be too busy now."

Secretary Chu looked over there and found that Li Chengye was also helping to move the steel blanks, and hurriedly said, "Then let's go over and see how the quality of the finished product is?"

A large group of people gathered around. Fortunately, the first batch of steel blanks had been placed here, and the workers had dispersed, otherwise there would not be so many empty spaces for these people to see.

Secretary Ning took the lead, "Director Li, how is it? How is this batch of steel blanks?" Secretary Ning was still a little anxious.

Li Chengye stood up when he heard the voice and said seriously: "We took a look. This batch of steel blanks seems to have no problems at first. The surface of the steel blanks is relatively flat, without any cracks or burrs, depressions or inclusions. As for some internal conditions, we have to wait for specific tests before we can find problems."