93

Li Chengye sat up, pulled the lights on the bedside, then reached out and carried Xiaobei to bed, followed by Xiaoxi. He had already checked the time, it was only half past six, it was still early before work, he could still play with the children for a while.

"Hahaha..." Li Chengye took off the shoes of the two children and put them in the quilt. Soon the three of them were lying side by side. Xiaobei thought it was quite fun, and laughed while lying in Li Chengye's quilt.

Li Chengye smiled and said, "The weather is so cold, you two can stay with Dad for a while!" Li Chengye had been running around outside for so many days, and he almost went to bed late and got up early every day. Now he really didn't want to get up.

The three of them played on the bed for a while. When Li Chengye got up, it was already seven o'clock. The two children were also messy and they were not quiet in bed. Finally, they started to make a fuss. Li Chengye was afraid that they would catch a cold, so he woke them up.

In the main room, Li's mother had already prepared breakfast. After eating, Li Chengye went to the steel plant. When Li Chengye came back, it was already the 25th of the lunar month. The steel plant would be closed in two days.

Li Chengye could be said to be a celebrity in the steel industry. As soon as he arrived at the door, someone started to call Li Chengye's name. Everyone greeted Li Chengye with a smile, but due to Li Chengye's status, no one teased him. They all seemed to have a very good attitude, and they were just congratulating him.

Li Chengye was of course very nice, and he was smiling from the entrance. It took some time for Li Chengye to return to his office. After arriving at the office, Li Chengye did not stop, and still dealt with some people for a while.

When Li Chengye closed the door and sat on the chair in the office, he finally breathed a sigh of relief.

He did not delay, and hurried to start working. He was about to have a holiday, so he had to finish the work quickly.

However, before Li Chengye was busy for long, Hu Liren came over. Hu Liren was very self-conscious. He shouted at the door and pushed the door open and came in.

"Brother Li, wow, you are finally back!" Hu Liren looked at Li Chengye with bright eyes, full of joy.

Li Chengye ignored him and continued with his work.

"Hey, how did you get such a perfect score and become the top scorer in the national college entrance examination?" Hu Liren didn't care and continued to say this.

Li Chengye was helpless. This was not the first time he had heard such words. On the contrary, he was more concerned about Hu Liren's affairs, so Li Chengye asked directly: "Okay, let's not talk about me first. How are you? Have you received the admission notice?"

As soon as this matter was mentioned, Hu Liren immediately smiled triumphantly and said quickly: "Who am I? Of course I got it!" As he said this, he saw Li Chengye's speechless expression, and immediately put away his triumphant smile, and looked at him with a flattering look. "Hehe, it's mainly due to my teacher, Comrade Li Chengye."

"You don't know, when I received the admission notice, my father and his family couldn't believe it at all. They thought they had sent the wrong letter. They kept asking the postman if there was another Hu Liren in our place."

Hu Liren was still a little depressed and unhappy when he talked about this. In the eyes of his parents, he was really unpromising. Even his work in the steel plant depended on the help of relatives. Although he later became Secretary Chu's secretary, they thought he was just lucky. In fact, they still didn't believe that Hu Liren had any ability.