61

He didn't know if he would have the chance to go to Country M in this lifetime, and he didn't know if the money would ever see the light of day.

But he still wanted to withdraw the money if he had the chance. It was really difficult in their country now. The money must be quite a lot, and donating it to the country could do a lot of things.

"If he doesn't have the chance, we won't worry about it. Anyway, the money we have now is enough, and my son pays me a salary every month." Mother Li put the matter behind her after a while.

"Okay, don't worry about it. I'll pay you a salary every month. If it's not enough, just tell me. If it's too much, just save it for yourself." Li Chengye also smiled. He now gets 50 yuan a month, 30 yuan for Li's mother, and 20 yuan for himself. But he also buys some things to bring home from time to time, so the money is enough.

"Okay, I'll save it myself." Li's mother was also optimistic. Anyway, her son was not planning to get married, and she had some money saved in her hands, hoping to find wives for her two grandsons in the future. She can save a few yuan every month now, and there are still more than ten years to that day, so it will definitely be enough by then.

"Okay, I won't disturb you. You'll be leaving at a certain time tomorrow morning. I'll prepare breakfast for you." Seeing that it was getting late, Li's mother planned to leave so that Li Chengye could rest earlier.

"Not that early. The steel plant doesn't open until 8 o'clock. You can just do as usual." Li Chengye had to get up at 3 o'clock tomorrow morning. If Li's mother wanted to make breakfast for him, she had to get up before 3 o'clock. In this way, Li's mother wouldn't have to sleep like this tonight. Li Chengye didn't want to bother her like this, so he just told her the wrong time.

"Okay, I know." Li's mother believed it without hesitation, "You should rest quickly. I'm leaving." Li's mother turned around and was about to leave.

Li Chengye sent her out and prepared to wash up.

When Li Chengye was washing his feet in the room, his mother suddenly came over again, "Son, this is the jade pendant your father mentioned. He always said that he would give it to you when you grow up. I didn't expect you to join the army later. So many years have passed. If you hadn't mentioned this, I would have forgotten it. It just so happens that you are now the head of our family. You should keep this jade pendant."

Mother Li walked to Li Chengye, with her palm facing up. Inside was the jade pendant that Li Chengye was familiar with.

Li Chengye took it without hesitation, put it in his palm and looked at it carefully. Yes, it was his piece, the dragon-shaped jade pendant. There was a small chip at the dragon's horn. He accidentally dropped it. After all these years, it returned to his hands again.

"Okay, keep it well, don't let anyone see it." Mother Li left without waiting for Li Chengye to respond.

After a long time, when the water in the basin was completely cool, Li Chengye felt his feet were cold. He quickly took his feet out and wiped them clean. After pouring the water, closing the door, and lying back on the bed, Li Chengye thought of the past again. He never thought that his father had secretly done so many things for him.

After he became another person, he quickly accepted his identity and did not try to find those places he had been to, let alone where his parents were buried. He had thought that after his death, those people would still live happily and healthily, but he didn't expect that he would know about the tragic case of the family being destroyed so unexpectedly. Those people he loved and hated had become the past, and everything about the Li family was like ashes and could never be found again.