23

"Ha, old man Zhou, you've already lost, hurry up and get off!" Grandpa Zhang was really proud of himself. He didn't expect that he could actually win by just finding a young man to help him. This old man Zhou has always been against him. It's not the first time or second time that they have played chess to show off. It's rare that he has the upper hand today.

"Hey, what are you proud of? It's not that you won!" Grandpa Zhou left his seat with a snort. He is a generous man. It's not that he can't afford to lose. The main thing is that this old man Zhang is too irritating.

"Heh, that's also my sharp eyes, young man, continue, let's play the next game, who's the next one?" Grandpa Zhang has already regarded Li Chengye as his helper, ready to catch all the remaining people in one fell swoop.

"It's my turn, it's my turn." An old man had already taken his seat while he was talking.

"Start, start."

Li Chengye had a rare opportunity to play chess, so he didn't refuse and started to place the chess pieces.

It was already dark, and I don't know who brought two kerosene lamps. I lit them up and held them in my hands, so I could still see the chessboard clearly.

Although playing chess is just a matter for two people, the people watching are very lively. They don't care about watching chess in silence, and they express their opinions one after another. Sometimes they even quarrel because of disagreements.

"Play here."

"No, no, we're dead if we move here, here!"

"We can't move this, if his soldiers come over, we'll be eaten."

"..."

Li Chengye learned chess from a master, and the people in front of him almost figured it out on their own after understanding the rules. Although Li Chengye put some effort in, they were still defeated. Later, those people worked together to deal with Li Chengye.

The people playing chess were confused at this time, and had no idea what to do next, while the people next to them wanted to do it themselves. Li Chengye was very calm and didn't urge them.

"Son, we should go back." Just when a game of chess was over, Li's mother suddenly shouted over here, holding two children in her arms.

"Mom, I'm leaving now." After looking at the time, it was almost nine o'clock, and it was time to go back.

"Hey, young man, I haven't finished playing yet, wait until you finish playing with me before leaving." The old men around disagreed. Li Chengye had been playing for so long and had not lost a single game. They were very dissatisfied now.

"Grandpa, it's so late, and we have to go to work tomorrow!" Li Chengye actually wanted to leave a long time ago. Although he knew how to play chess, he was not good at it.

"Hey, these are all young people, they are very strong, why do you sleep so early, have two more plates."

"Yes, young guys, how can you be so sleepy."

"Yes, yes, it's not my turn yet, I have to fight at least two more rounds."

The master here is not so easy to get rid of. He has no intention of letting Li Chengye leave. Li Chengye can't even stand up, as if he wants to detain him here.

"Hey, what are you doing? The young man said he wanted to go back. You are too much!" Zhang Daye, who had asked Li Chengye for help before, immediately spoke up and pushed away the crowd with his hands.

"Hey, you old Zhang, you are used to pretending to be a good person, right!" Hearing what he said, the others were not convinced.

"That's right, you dragged the little brother to the table."