8

That night, Xiaoxi did not go back to Li's mother's room, but slept with Li Chengye. The child was emotional before, and cried again, but soon fell asleep. Li Chengye put him on his left hand and lay down.

He did not fall asleep immediately, and was still thinking about the future arrangements in his mind. He originally planned to work in the county alone for a while, and then find a way to transfer the two children and Li's mother's household registration there after he settled down, and it would be best if he could find a job for Li's mother.

However, the county is far from the village, and it takes nearly three hours to walk there. If he goes to work, he will definitely not have time to go home. In Xiaoxi's current situation, he dare not stay away from home for too long, and he is also worried.

The Li family has some money now, and they can buy a house in the county, but it is really hard to buy a house now, and they don't know how much it will cost. He had a lot of thoughts in his mind, but he still didn't come to a conclusion. He thought it would be better to discuss it with Li's mother tomorrow.

Li Chengye thought too much at night and didn't sleep well at all. On the contrary, Xiaoxi beside him slept very comfortably. He was woken up by Tokyo beside him in the morning. Li Chengye opened his eyes and looked to the side. Xiaoxi had woken up and was lying on the bed playing marbles. He was having fun playing alone, with a smile on his little face, looking a little happier than yesterday.

As if sensing Li Chengye's gaze, Xiaoxi looked back and saw that Li Chengye was awake and quickly called out "Dad".

"Well, let's get up!" Li Chengye glanced out the window. It was already bright. He got up a little late today.

When the father and son packed up and left the room, Li's mother and Xiaobei were already eating breakfast. Li's mother knew that the father and son were up late last night, so she didn't call them up. Besides, it was hot now, so she didn't worry that the breakfast would be cold.

"You guys are up, come over and have breakfast."

"Okay." Li Chengye nodded, took Xiaoxi's hand to wash up, and rubbed Xiaobei's head when he passed by, receiving a brilliant smile from the other party.

Under Li Chengye's strong request, the Li family's meals are now much better. The porridge in the morning is very thick, and half of it is rice. After breakfast, Xiaoxi and Xiaobei went out to play. Since Li Chengye bought toys for them, many children in the village have been vying to play with them. No one dared to bully them anymore. You have to know that Li Chengye was a soldier before and will be a cadre in the future. The adults in these children's families have told them to play well with Xiaoxi and Xiaobei.

The rice seedlings in the village have almost been planted. Li's mother only needs to take care of the pigs for a while, so she is not in a hurry to go out now.

After Li's mother finished cleaning the kitchen, Li Chengye pulled her to sit down, "Mom, I thought about it, why don't we move to the county?"

"What?" Li's mother was still thinking about where to go to cut pig grass later, but she heard Li Chengye drop a big bomb, which almost scared her.

"I want to buy a house in the county, and our family will move to the county." Li Chengye repeated it again. This was a decision he had thought about.

"No, no, houses in the county are so expensive, how much money will it cost?" Li's mother shook her head in panic. She had never thought about buying a house in the county. Although she had more than 2,000 yuan in her hand, it was reserved for her son to marry a wife, so she couldn't spend it carelessly.

"Mom, the county is so far from our home, it will be inconvenient for me to come back. If anything happens to you, I can't catch up. How can I feel at ease?" Li Chengye has made up his mind. The medical education in the village is not very complete, so it is better to go to the county.