13

"What do you mean?" Seeing him so serious, Li Chengye was also a little curious.

"What do you mean about Sister Lan?..." Hu Liren frowned and thought for a while, but still couldn't think of any suitable words to describe her.

"She's quite capable." In the end, he still said five words.

Li Chengye also interrupted him and listened to him patiently.

"It's also very pitiful. Sister Lan's original name is Jiang Lan. She should be in her forties this year. I heard that she was a child bride of a family at first and gave birth to a son. It is said that her husband later became a soldier and a leader. It's a pity that after he became rich, the man looked down on the child bride in his hometown and found a new wife and got a marriage certificate."

"Originally, there was nothing wrong with it. As a result, the parents in the hometown did not agree. In the end, they wanted to divorce but not leave home. Sister Lan thought about her son and endured it. It's a pity that I don't know what happened later. Sister Lan's son fell into the river and died. I heard that it was the woman who came later." After saying this, Hu Liren still had a look of fear on his face.

"Then Sister Lan must have done something later, right?"

"Of course. I heard that Sister Lan almost killed her ex-husband and that woman with a kitchen knife."

"But she almost did it. She was stopped by someone. Later, the two returned to the army. Sister Lan couldn't get into the army. Not long after, Sister Lan left her hometown and stayed near the men's army. She was also capable and quickly found a temporary job. Later, she went to night school, got a junior high school diploma, and soon became a regular employee."

"I heard that everyone thought she wanted to start a new life, but her ex-husband was arrested and shot not long after. It was said that he had made some mistakes, and even the woman was arrested later. I don't know what the situation was. Everyone said that it was Sister Lan who did something, because when the man died, Sister Lan left. Some people also said that they saw her in the army before the incident."

"Are these all guesses?"

"Oh, everyone is too scared to ask about this kind of thing, who dares to ask it for real!" Hu Liren shook his head.

"That may not be true." Li Chengye felt that it didn't matter whether it was true or not. If it was true, he would admire this person a little. He could endure for so long and kill with the last blow without leaving any trace. He is indeed a character.

"This is just a rumor. Some people believe it, some don't. There are other reasons why everyone is afraid."

"?"

"Sister Lan used to work in the Women's Federation. You know, although we are talking about liberating women, there are actually many women who are beaten and scolded. There are also mothers-in-law who abuse their daughters-in-law and daughters-in-law. It can be said that it is impossible to control them. Our sister Lan is also very capable. Not long ago, she punished those men who dared to beat their wives."

"That's it?" People who beat their wives must be punished. Only incompetent people will vent their anger on their wives.

"How can it be like this? She has helped many women get divorced. And do you know what she taught those women?..." When Wu Liren said this, he looked frightened.

"What can you teach? You can't teach them to fight, right?"

"Stand at the bedside of your husband or mother-in-law with a kitchen knife in the middle of the night, chop at a piece of wood without making a sound. Or put laxatives in the rice bowl, anyway, some such methods."